Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Agent Orange and Wegener's Granulomatosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil were you in Vietnam too?

If so, file for service related! We need everyone to do so....we need to get the VA's attention on this matter....

Let me know if I can help in any way.

God bless,

Marcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, I believe the Vietnamese people also suffer with this condition, and many more....I recall a few years back, running across something that addressed this very subject, but can't remember exactly where I read it. They must have so many health issues due to their country being saturated with these poisons.....I'm just not sure if anyone is doing a study on it! Wouldn't it be interesting if someone has done that.....

Anyway, thanks for your kind words....I'm not going to give up the fight, for my husband and for any other Veteran's out there, who are suffering with this condition. Marcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta,

Wow a ton of interesting information thanks!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windchime,

Did you get the 30% for the WG? If so that's an interesting fact that could be helpful to other vets. I have seen reports that vets exposed to AO at bases where it was shipped from or prepared (not in country) for the planes that spread it have filed clames for AO related issues, some succesful some not.

A kind of funny story I applied for my service records, including all medical records. There was nothing from the time I spent in the hospital in Danang so I called them and asked about those records. The person I spoke to said I would have to go to the hospital in Danang and get them. I said "do you know that danang is in Vietnam and it was an American military hospital" she said ok you will still have to go there to get them! I gave up at that point! it was kind of fun to look at all the other sutff I recieved from the request, memory lane ya know!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcia,

I will google the Dr. and talk to my DAV rep about this when I have the Dr. info. I currently have a claim in for diabites and I'm waiting for a responce from the VA.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tankerB25 View Post
    Windchime,

Did you get the 30% for the WG? If so that's an interesting fact that could be helpful to other vets. I have seen reports that vets exposed to AO at bases where it was shipped from or prepared (not in country) for the planes that spread it have filed clames for AO related issues, some succesful some not. Steve
    Steve, I did get the 30% for the Wegs. I was stationed at McChord AFB and lived on/near the base most of the time I was in. This is the first time I'm aware of so many vets with wegs. I'd probably know more, but my PCP at the VA won't refer me to Pulmonary even with extensive outside records. She's an idiot. I was in the VA hospital in Tampa 10 years ago with complications from a bronch they did and was treated like they had never seen anyone with wegs. So I'm not sure there are many vets getting treated at the VA. With that said I only go there in case I lose my insurance and need them some day. Maybe we should start a FB page for Vets with Wegs.

How do you prove the diabetes is service connected or is it connected to something else?
    Last edited by windchime; 04-07-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, If your PCP is an idiot complain and get a new one there are patient advicoates at the VA for just this type thing. I have a Nurse Practioner that works with my rumey who told me once (when this was all new for me I had millions of questions and called her all the time) don't ever hesitate to call you have to BE YOUR OWN ADVICOATE...what a great lady. She still helps me all the time and my PCP is good too, although I get a new one every 3 years or so. My rumey says Wg is pretty rare and they don't have many but on this site it seems there are a bunch, the FB page is an interesting idea.

The diabetes is presumed service connected, as are about 11 other diseases, if a person had "boots on the ground" (VA term) in Vietnam. My brother was in Nam also and he sufferes from diabetes and some pulmanory issues. He is collecting disability for both problems. Don't give up on the VA there are some really great people there. Years ago I gave up on my disability claim but a friend convinced me to get a rep (American Legion) and go back. It resulted in 20% for hearing lose and tinitius. Never give up!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I had a great PCP, but she left and I went through 3 or 4 before I ended up with this one. Unfortunately I'm seen in the Woman's Clinic and I think they only have one doc there other than the gyno. I will have to call the advocate and see what I can do. I'm sure she is a good doc just frustrating to deal with. I had an excellent PA when I lived in the Tampa area. I miss her. Interesting info on the diabetes. Why is it considered SC if you were in country. Inquiring minds want to know. My request for increase is in process so we'll see. I'll post it some where when I get the information. Luckily I originally filed within a few years after getting out in 73. I had all my medical board records etc.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, Diabetes is considered SC because the percent of Nam Vets that have it is off the charts compared to non Nam Vets and general population. There are about 12 diseases that are "presumed" to be caused by the toxins in AO, it is easy to find the list if you google something like AO/vietnam disease list.

Good luck on finding a new PCP and the request for an increase.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

catsmtn, Hi I recently was having a RTX infusion at the VA here in Denver when during casual conversation with staff there I found out that there are now 3 other cases of WG being treated there. Of course I wasn't able to get any information on the Vets history because of privacy laws. I have a reume apt in a few weeks and I will see if I can find out if these vets are Vietnam era or not, I'll keep ya posted.

Steve

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast