Hi,
Having read all of the threads relating to medications and nearly all of the rest in the forum, I find but few references to the use of Mesna. One in particular mentioned that the poster had never heard of it being used in conjunction with oral cytox. This strikes my curious nerve - - how many of you take Mesna with your IV cyto? How many with your oral cyto? Can you tell a diference?
My rheumie put me on Mesna from the very first day of my taking the cyto - - said it is to counteract some of the negative aspects of it, especially on the bladder. Seems like a good idea to me, but I then found it odd to see so little mention of its use herein. I'm on 150mg oral cyto per day (lung involvement) to go with the pred (90mg/day) and the bactrim. Pretty standard mix until you then throw in the Mesna. She has me on an IV solution which I draw with a syringe, squirt into a sweet liquid such as Ginger Ale and then drink at the rate of 0.75mg/day. Tastes like___ but worth it if it works. Sound familiar to anyone? Any comments on the merits of this? I've not been on it long enough to provide any meaningful feedback but will as time goes on if this is of interst to either of you. Thanks, Ron