Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small update on Elena

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeahhhhhh!!!!! Such wonderful news Elena. Congrats and enjoy every second of being 'normal'

I take my imuran all at once in the morning and it seems fine. I haven't had any problems at all with that part of the equation. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but once a day has been no problem for me. I'm at 150mg.

Best of luck, and may the trend continue indefinitely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news!! Cheers to you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love the R word Elena. Congrats! I hope you can only improve from here.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, Elena! Now, go out and do some living....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remission is decent, isn't it? :-) I hope it sticks around a while for you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Finally I am officially in remission!

Question: I've always taken imuran in two doses, one in the morning and one before bed. However, now I was told I could just take it all in the morning. How do you guys take it? And does anyone know if it makes any difference?

That is great news. Congrats on reaching the magic and elusive R word. Hope your remission is long and you feel healthy.

I also take 100 mg of azathioprine (Imuran) in morning and 75 at night. I don't think it really makes much difference but I started that way when I had to increase my azathioprine and already had my pill box set up and had taken my morning dosage so I just added one to my night meds and just kept doing it. Split doses are sometimes easier on the body. My doctors say it is OK to split the dosage.

That pred taper of 1.25 sounds pretty large to me since I was splitting 1 mg pills four ways and tapering .25 every couple weeks. I stopped my taper at 5mg though since my doctors recommended I stay on that pred dosage as long as I am on the azathioprine. The said there is some belief it may help reduce the risk of a flare which you know aren't much fun. Best wishes for continued good health.

How are things in Hamar this Spring? Did you have a good winter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, congratulations Elena!! I'm happy that you're in remission AND feeling so good. They don't always coincide!

I'm concerned about you tapering 1.25 mg at a time under 5 mg. That's a huge jump and it's not usually tolerated. How long have you been on pred? That makes a difference. I did the same taper as drz-- 0.25 mg every couple weeks. It got me down to 2.5 mg, where I've been stuck for a couple years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you I really hope this lasts for a looong time.

Well, I'm not sure about how much I'm going to taper at a time, after I reach 5 mg. But I assumed I couldn't split the pills into more than halves. Any ways it won't be for some time yet, and I'll make sure they don't make me taper to quickly.

drz: Everything fine in Hamar, it's been the warmest march of all time her. And our winter was really mild compared to how it usually is. I have been really busy studying though, and don't have time for much else. I have been snowboarding a couple of times though, which was great ) Going to have a week of Easter Holidays now, just sleeping, eating, reading and relaxing. It'll be good to have some time off for relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to get 1mg tabs over there Elena. We have 1mg here and in the UK as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No there really does not seem to be any prednisolone 1 mg pills to be bought in Norway. But there seem to be 1 mg prednisone pills. Can anyone tell me the difference between prednisone and prednisolone? I only know that prednisone is transformed into prednisolone in the liver, or something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast