Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: At the new Mayo Vaculitis Center

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cauterized some bleeding areas in my intestine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and have you found out what has caused this bleed? Good luck to you Mark you seem to be in the right place gettine the right attention

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minneapolismark View Post
    Oh, and they DID find and fix some nasty little bleeding boo boos in my intestines today. Woo hoo.
    How did they find or know that your intestines were bleeding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They found it through the colonoscopy, the scope that has a little light and camera. I know this from taking care of patients.
    Mark are you a little anemic from the bleed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's great that you're posting info about Mayo's financial services Mark. All hospitals have financial assistance but won't provide it until your own resources are exhausted. Mayo AZ wasn't a provider with my private insurance, so they couldn't cut deals. My insurance paid the maximum they could but Mayo's bills were outrageous. Mayo did a one-time charitable write-off of the huge amount leftover from my initial workup but made it clear that they wouldn't do it again. Each time I saw my rheumy it left me with a few hundred to pay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am not sure just yet. I haven't had my debrief yet, that will occur Friday. But I think they were cauterized. The knocked me out right away. Will let you know. I was still pretty high when I wrote that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got out of my opthamology visit. Very thorough. Nice to have everyone know what Wegener's is. They seem to use he term "Wegener's Disease" which us probably more accessible.

No eye problems beyond the normal tear duct, weeping, sinus pressure stuff.

Everybody was easy to work with. Had my chocolate (HIGHLY recommend the toasted coconut chocolate cup at the chocolate oasis). Exhausted. Time to nap before neurological.

Why couldn't Specks (or a designate) provide remote consults? Testing could be done regionally. The critical piece s having someone who understands the big, integrated picture. It is the systemic integration that is missing in my experience. that is what the Mayo provides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OHH LAA LA....CHOCOLATE REWARDS!!!!!....Mark news gets better and better...tomorrow you may get all your answers...i am slow gathering info for my trip....i know we can take mileage off in taxes...my tax guy is looking into lodging and food since it is related to tavel for medical treatment....i looked into your hotel but $129 plus taxes a night is too much for me so I am hoping the drive back and forth to Minn won't be so bad...and they have rest rooms in the hospital and a lactation room for my sister in law who is nursing her baby so we may be ok hanging out all day...just take it one day at a time.....Thanks for keeping us posted
    have a great rest of the day.
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, when this is all done would you be able to give us a price list on everything you had done, like what everything cost in detail and what the total bill is? I would like to know for future reference because I do not have insurance that would cover a trip to Mayo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will do. You can also call the billing office for an estimate.

The interesting thing is that Dr. Specks determined the need for a colonoscopy based on my self-reported abdominal pain and change in bowel habits. So, this should have been caught earlier.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast