Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cataracts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cataracts

Anybody develop cataracts from Pred or Deltacortril use.
    I have quite bad cataracts with vision seriously impaired and am waiting to have them operated on.
    Would appreciate any info anybody can offer on the operation as I am quite apprehensive about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, had the operation done four times!

My case was very unusual because the op is known to be very successful and reliable, it is just that I have bad luck. My first lens was faulty and had to be replaced after a couple of years. The other eye had the lens slip out of position for some reason.
    Like you, I was very apprehensive and elected to go for general anesthetic, but I was talked out of it by the nurse in charge. I'm so glad that I made this choice! The op is painless and you can't see anything but a very bright light. It lasts about 20 minutes and then you can sit up and go home after a cup of coffee and a chat. Follow up is some eye drops for a couple of weeks, but you can see well the following day. As operations go, this one is a breeze.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had cataracts from the prednisone and got the surgery done sept and oct. I can see now and it is a breeze!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i joined the cataracts club dec 3rd and having second eye done feb 4th cant wait .op was just like everyone on here said
    nothing to be scared of . had mine done by local too,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all have this fear of people messing with our eyes because they are usually so sensitive, but when you take away all the pain and you can't see anything that you can make sense of there is nothing left to worry about. You just have to get your head around the idea.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's probably a universal fear. I know I'd be freaked out if I had to do it, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phew
    It,s a relief to know there is nothing to worry about.I am almost looking forward to it now as I am fed up with impaired vision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have wanted the operation for cataracts for several years but my vision is NOT bad enough to warrant it yet. It seems insurance requires your vision be bad enough for you to fail the vision test for driving before they will fund it. My recent eye exam last week indicated i am not likely to get the operation for at least a couple more years. My cataracts are the type from aging and not the kind you get from Prednisone. The ophthalmologist said the prednisone kind usually take longer to develop and require a higher dosage of prednisone for several years in most cases. I have heard most people have perfect vision again after the operation. That sounds cool and something to look forward to again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cataracts were Pred induced and developed very quickly, just a year or two.
    After the operation, your eyes can no longer change their focus so they try to choose lens implants that allow you to focus at long distance, but require reading glasses for close work. In my case, the choice of lens was not as good as it might have been so I wear bifocal glasses all the time. Without glasses, I am just below the level required for driving.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too use reading glasses, but my vision is near perfect. It took about 18 months for my cataracts to develop with the help of prednisone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast