Thread: Frustrated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Hey Amy,

I'm coming in to the city from Jasper for my appointment with my rheumy on the 17th and will be there for a few days. I'd be happy to help out and drive you anywhere you need to go. I'm also planning a trip into E-town for a couple of weeks later on this month or early next month - depending on how things work out with getting in to see the new rheumy. I'd be happy to help out then too. If you're interested just send me a private message with your phone and I'll give you a buzz and we can arrange what needs to be done. I'm seeing Dr. Yan on the 17th and trying to get in to see Dr. Yacychyn as soon as possible. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help when I'm in the city. What part of Edmonton do you live in? I might have some other solutions too. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Hats off to Marta for her act of kindness! It is heart warming to see such kindness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it helps, but social anxiety responds well to computer based training as therapy. There have been a number of studies, particularly in Europe that show a very high success rate using visualization and desensitization. Only reason I know this is I used to be Chief Technology Officer for a small company that was researching this. The benefit is that it can be difficult for social anxiety sufferers to get out and get help; they are in a Catch 22. Self paced training along with an online support group is also very inexpensive. Just a thought.

by the way, I lived and worked in Edmunton as a consultant for about four months, two years ago. It sure seemed like a wonderful town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Hats off to Marta for her act of kindness! It is heart warming to see such kindness.
    Not an act of kindness, just one Weggie helpin' out another - and besides, I like driving in the city - it's more fun, but thanks drz.
    Amy, I mean it, let me know I'd give you my number but it'll be long distance for you and I'm on 'the plan' so I can call you for free if you give me your number. My mom and dad live in Edmonton and I'm on the phone with them all the time. That's what I was thinking too, if you really need a hand, I'm sure my mom would be happy to give you a lift somewhere - when I'm not in the city. Her back just went out today and she's layed up, but generally she's pretty easy to go out and do stuff, and she's not working right now, so it shouldn't be a problem. She's a very wonderful, gentle soul (not anything like me) and I'm sure you'd love being with her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an act of kindness, just one Weggie helpin' out another - and besides, I like driving in the city - it's more fun, but thanks drz.
    Amy, I mean it, let me know I'd give you my number but it'll be long distance for you and I'm on 'the plan' so I can call you for free if you give me your number. My mom and dad live in Edmonton and I'm on the phone with them all the time. That's what I was thinking too, if you really need a hand, I'm sure my mom would be happy to give you a lift somewhere - when I'm not in the city. Her back just went out today and she's layed up, but generally she's pretty easy to go out and do stuff, and she's not working right now, so it shouldn't be a problem. She's a very wonderful, gentle soul (not anything like me) and I'm sure you'd love being with her.
    Ami, I have met Marta's mother and she is awesome. Please consider Marta's offer. Marta and her family are amazing people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an act of kindness, just one Weggie helpin' out another
    Which is an act of kindness! You're wonderful, Marta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Which is an act of kindness! You're wonderful, Marta.
    She might deny it but Phil says she is a wonderful gentle soul and we all believe she is also a kind person. We love having her here. Amy have you called her yet, please do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an act of kindness, just one Weggie helpin' out another .
    You have a very kind heart Marta...The world would be a better place if there were more of you in it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a whole world of Martas and Elephants and Dunkies and drz's and Phils and....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I want a whole world of Martas and Elephants and Dunkies and drz's and Phils and....
    What? Did you forget your own name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast