Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frustrated

I'm really frustrated right now. I've run out of pills. I'm overdue to see my family doctor. I haven't seen my Rheumatologist since the beginning of last year. My family doctor has an office not that far away but walking there isn't just that simple. I have social anxiety. I can't just go out and do things on my own. I wish I could just shut this off for the sake of health but I can't. And my brother works from 10 to 6 on weekdays and has the weekends off. He can't afford time off to take me so he just expects me to walk there.
    And my Rheumatologist is pretty far away. I haven't heard anything from them. I still send them my test results but the only person I talk to is my family doctor. I really don't know what to do. My brother is the only one who can drive me around. But he needs to make it into, what can I make her do to get over her anxiety, I'll make her do that alone. Which I wish he wouldn't do when it comes to things pertaining to my health.
    Alright, I just had to rant a little. Hope I posted this in the right spot. I hope you all had a good holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ami,

I feel for you. One of my younger brothers used to suffer from social anxiety and would not even go out looking for a job or go to a lounge. But his friends helped him through it somehow and now he does quite well.

I wish you brother was more sympathetic to your situation. What about your Dad? I heard you mention him before.

How are you feeling overall? Is the Wegs under control? What meds are you still on? Are you having any symptoms?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are having difficulty getting out can't you ask for a home visit? You certainly can't do without your pills!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my Social anxiety just gets worse the longer I put up with it. And it's been so many years that I'm pretty stuck in it. But, I've been trying to push myself to make phone calls and small things like that. But I guess I'm taking a taxi to the Doctor's appointment and then I'm walking home. I don't like it but I can't afford to miss appointments with my Doctor. I can't afford to mess around with my health. My Dad passed away in November 2009. It took a while to get him on the same page as me when it came to the Wegener's and the social anxiety. Now I'm starting over again with my brother. Anyhow. I've been feeling okay. Unfortunately I procrastinated when it came to refilling my pills so I've been taking my pills on and off. And today is day 2 without pills so that's not good. But I'm waiting for the pharmacy to call me back about getting refills. But other than that I've been fine, no symptoms. And I think my Doctor wants to see me about my anemia.
    Sorry, I have so much on my mind right now I'm doing my best to reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Fallgirl, hope you get to the doctor soon. Need to take care of yourself and I know people find it hard to understand what your feeling. Hope you can find someone to support and take you to the appointments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your brother probably feels he's doing you a favor by pushing you--sort of a tough love thing. He just doesn't have the tools to know how to help. Do you have a therapist and psychiatrist working with you? Social anxiety is highly treatable but it tends to get worse if left untreated. You can live a normal life with treatment. You deserve that! Some therapists who specialize in it will come to your house until you're ready to get out more.

You might be able to get more help from your family if they knew you were getting treatment. Meanwhile, maybe you can make a deal with your brother that you will only ask for help when it comes to your health care. I bet he'd be willing to help you get the professional help you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Amy. I forgot your Dad passed away. I wish I was there to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amy , I'm sorry your going through this...I agree with Jack, you shouldn't be without your meds and see if you can get a home visit from your doctor.
    Take care of yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Amy,

I'm coming in to the city from Jasper for my appointment with my rheumy on the 17th and will be there for a few days. I'd be happy to help out and drive you anywhere you need to go. I'm also planning a trip into E-town for a couple of weeks later on this month or early next month - depending on how things work out with getting in to see the new rheumy. I'd be happy to help out then too. If you're interested just send me a private message with your phone and I'll give you a buzz and we can arrange what needs to be done. I'm seeing Dr. Yan on the 17th and trying to get in to see Dr. Yacychyn as soon as possible. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help when I'm in the city. What part of Edmonton do you live in? I might have some other solutions too. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Fallgirl. That's wonderfull, that maybe Marta can drive you around.
    Sorry to hear that you lost your dad.

I agree with Sangye that it should do you good to find a therapist.
    Good luck and remain writing here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast