Hey all -- I'm going to see my rheumy on Tuesday, but I thought I would ask this here on the off chance that someone knows. I felt a strange bump on my right side right below my rib cage the other day. It was the kind of thing that felt like it could be 'normal' so I checked my left side to see if there was one on my left, but nada. No pain, even pushing on it with strong pressure and can only be felt if I'm sitting upright. It moves around and feels like the space could almost be filled with gristle -- think of material with that texture. Skin over it is completely normal, no fluid, no discoloration. The lump is probably a little smaller than my thumb and more oval than round. Can't be seen at all (I carry most of my extra 10 lbs in that area, so it's encased in fat). Can't be felt if I'm lying down or standing up. My sides and belly are the fattiest part of my body (really don't carry fat anywhere else, and after the mtx started working, I gained back the 10 lbs I'd lost from being sick, probably within six months or less), so I'm wondering if this could be a fatty deposit. Been having no problems otherwise, in fact I've felt very well lately -- energy, appetite all the same and much better than pre diagnosis. Maybe there's some anatomical difference between left and right sides there that I should know about and don't? I have no idea how long this has been there -- I just happened to twist a certain way with my hand on my waist and feel it.