Due to complications of the bladder after 5 months of Cytoxan, my doc had me discontinue using it 2 weeks ago. He is currently trying to get me approved for Rituxan infusuins. Apparently insurance companies don't like to pay for it for some reason. We've upped my Pred to 15 mg daily in the meantime to try and protect me...
My question is this? Has anyone here had the IV Rituxan? Was it used alone or in combination with another drug? I've read that it is usually used in combination with Methotrexate... altho my doc hasn't mentioned this yet. Possibly he is just waiting until he gets the Rituxan approval before we discuss it in depth. So far all of this has been done over the phone since my last appointment when he had me rushed to Urulogy due to the bladder bleeding.
Getting nervous due to stopping chemo before remission, learning and starting a new med, having to up the pred after finally getting it down to 7.5, and just generally not feeling well. I have an appointment with my PCP on Monday at the Rhumy suggestion because I may be developing a respiratory infection, and also to recheck the urine for blood and run a CBC (Rhumy office is closed starting tomorrow, and will not reopen until January 10. (it's much cheaper co-pay wise for me to do all this at PCP rather than go to Pulmy for parts, and Labs for the rest, and my Rhumy *Bless him* is trying to 1)save me 2 different higher co-pays and 2)save me several trips to different places in differrnt cities.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
~Stacey~