I will be doing the 2 infusions. They only did the 4 infusions last time because I requested it. I requested it because I knew that it was intitially done as 4 and I wanted to do the more tried and true method rather than the new method. Well, 2 infusions at this time has become the new tried and true method it sounds like to me.
I am sitting by the phone waiting to get the call from my doc saying that my insurance has approved it. They approved it last time, I'm hoping there is no problem this time. The doc thought I should get my first infusion this week.
In the mean time I am actually not doing too bad considering the rough ride of the past few years but I am jacked up on 40 mg of prednisone and that is pretty dissapointing. I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to be thankful for just being better than I was even if I have to take prednisone to do it.
Of course, given that Rituxan works slowly it will be a while before I can even think about reducing prednisone.
But thinking about that only requires a little bit of my time each day. The rest of the time I will spend thinking about other things that are of importance - most of them more fun (not all, like you would think. Don't forget tax time is approaching- THAT is like having an auto-finance disorder that is incurable.)