I've been sick all week with a cold and it just keeps getting worse. The first couple days it wasn't a big deal other than how weak it made me. I thought it was licked by the second day. The past couple days it really took off. The nasal congestion ran amok and has jammed up my sinuses. They are so painful-- my whole head is pounding, my eyes are swollen and watery, etc... Most of you know the drill. I don't normally have sinus stuff, even if I get a cold. I have an on/off productive cough.

So far the mucus is pale yellow so I don't think it's bacterial. But I'm unbelievably weak. No fever. My appetite is not great. I've been using the neti pot-- a little temporary relief, not much. I bumped up my pred from 3.5mg to 4mg today, hoping to control some of the inflammation and pain, and give me more energy. I also used Flonase this morning.

My PCP's office seems to be closed and no one is answering my page. I rarely see her anyway. Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

BTW, I know how I got sick. Last week Dr Seo said my vitamin D levels were low (from testing a couple months ago. Grrr. Would've like to know sooner.). I was also overdue for a chiropractic visit. I got sick Sunday night within a few hours of being near someone who had a bad cold.