Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Way Sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be doing the 2 infusions. They only did the 4 infusions last time because I requested it. I requested it because I knew that it was intitially done as 4 and I wanted to do the more tried and true method rather than the new method. Well, 2 infusions at this time has become the new tried and true method it sounds like to me.
    I am sitting by the phone waiting to get the call from my doc saying that my insurance has approved it. They approved it last time, I'm hoping there is no problem this time. The doc thought I should get my first infusion this week.
    In the mean time I am actually not doing too bad considering the rough ride of the past few years but I am jacked up on 40 mg of prednisone and that is pretty dissapointing. I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to be thankful for just being better than I was even if I have to take prednisone to do it.
    Of course, given that Rituxan works slowly it will be a while before I can even think about reducing prednisone.
    But thinking about that only requires a little bit of my time each day. The rest of the time I will spend thinking about other things that are of importance - most of them more fun (not all, like you would think. Don't forget tax time is approaching- THAT is like having an auto-finance disorder that is incurable.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you get to start it this week and that it starts working faster than you expect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have put a big 1 1/2 week in !!!!... first of all I had to be rushed to Marshfield which is 2 hours away, for emergency surgery, to have my appendix out.. -(they did not burst but didn't have much time before they would of) they would not due the surgery at the hospital in my home town, due to my small airway.. my ENT Dr -(which is from Marshfield) was in the OR the whole time, to make sure everything went well, he was please they could get a #5 down my airway.
    I went to Dr Speck, he said my labs where a little high but thought it was from surgery as I had that on 2/23 and saw him on 2/28 .. Good news from him and the ENT Dr. in Mayo. They both felt things were looking good. and took me off all meds at this point to see what will happen. -(I think its a trial) just to see what will come of it.. they feel my nose vessels have been damage from the wegners, my job will to keep working on my crusting/nose.. he would like me to do a EGD and a swallow study as I have tightness in my throat, and pains in my upper stomach area. When they did the CT for my appendix , a Nodule on my lung was discovered.. I read that in my notes.. no one has told me about it as of today?? not sure what is up with that but will be asking questions, at my post op apt.
    over all it was a good visit at Mayo.. now we just do the waiting game.. to see what the next step in this journey will be. .
    thanks for asking
    Bren
    Last edited by Bren; 03-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to hear that you made it to Mayo, Bren. (And sorry about your appendix!) You're in good hands with Dr Specks. I hope you can stay off all the meds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bren, did Dr. Specks see the CT report about the nodule in your lung?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I m thinking he will? The CT report stated it, I took the CT and all my notes down with me, so they can scan them into their system.. looking forward to his report. Dr Speck did give me the option to stay on Meth or come off it, so we decided to come off of the Meth for now -(as a trial) .. he told me that it does not take long to get into him if I need to see him on a ASAP bases

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bren, I'd give his office a call and make sure he sees the CT scan report. I can't imagine he'd take you off your meds if you still have a lung nodule.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad the surgery worked out well. Sounds like they worked together to give you the best care. Your follow up services should get all your questions answered. Good luck and best wishes for better health!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718