Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wegener's and disability

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great advice, Mark. I've also made my life much smaller. It would be even smaller if I didn't have my chiropractic equipment, hoping to be able to work again. I have to rent a fairly small storage space for that. Without it, everything I own would fit into one small room. I actually like that. I never like having a lot of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was very liberating. It was amazing how much junk I was hauling through life. I still have my various computers, my two flatscreen TVs, my life-size Spiderman statue, my phaser, tricorder, communicator, a few books, fishing equipment, chess set, and astronomy gear. Oh yes, and the cats. And the Bose stereo. But that is pretty much it. Not much accumulated wealth after 52 years, but that is OK.

Life is more important than stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuff is just stuff and enjoying life and the time we have is more important than hunting for more stuff that we don't really need. I have given away so much stuff and still need to get rid of more. My house is not decorated that great because I don't like to buy stuff. I don't even like having a bunch of clothes/shoes, it's actually overwhelming to me. I do like the simple life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our temple is handing out warm clothes and blankets to homeless in DC this winter. Last week I gave away the last of my clothes that don't fit anymore thanks to pred. They were the clothes I used for winter hiking, biking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Even if I can use them again someday, someone is freezing and needs them right now. It was so wonderful to hear how the recipients reacted when they got my stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good news is that the "friend" who gave me her spare bedroom was my girlfriend and we got married.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234