Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Root Canal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Root Canal

Well...just had a root canal. Apparently I had a bad enough tooth infection that it killed the nerve. I'm guessing that the Prednisone must have masked the effects of the infection. On Friday I had a little tiny serving of Ice Cream and it was followed by throbbing through my sinuses and to my right ear for 4 hours :P

Anyway...I'm hoping I won't have any further infection here, I know I had several people suggest just having it pulled, but the tooth is visible when I smile so I followed the Dentist's wish for the first attempt at least.

Man the smell when they drilled into it was putrid...not sure how something can be that wrong but be otherwise not remarkable lol.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eech, I wonder how much it's been affecting your recovery. I hope you heal up soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you got that taken care of. Hope you start to feel better and on your way to recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Well...just had a root canal. Apparently I had a bad enough tooth infection that it killed the nerve. I'm guessing that the Prednisone must have masked the effects of the infection. On Friday I had a little tiny serving of Ice Cream and it was followed by throbbing through my sinuses and to my right ear for 4 hours :P

Anyway...I'm hoping I won't have any further infection here, I know I had several people suggest just having it pulled, but the tooth is visible when I smile so I followed the Dentist's wish for the first attempt at least.

Man the smell when they drilled into it was putrid...not sure how something can be that wrong but be otherwise not remarkable lol.
    Are you on Cytoxan now? I was told not to even have a tooth pulled while on Cytoxan but what can you do when you get an infection that is painful? I need some deep filling in front teeth but every time I get work on that area I end up needing a root canal in a a few weeks. I was hoping to wait a couple months till off the Cytoxan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, moved to MTX about 1 month ago now. I'm hoping the dumb thing heals properly. Hurts more now than it did earlier too
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are more brave than I, I need to have possibly two root canals and one for sure but being the dentist chicken that I am I keep stalling. I keep promising myself the moon if I go but its the same as yours its in a visible part and I will need implants and don't know it I can have one. So ther isn't that a good excuse?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally understand. Honestly I was really worried about it, as I'd heard so much bad about root canals, but to be honest it wasn't any worse than getting a filling. It did hurt more later yesterday, but I feel pretty normal this morning. My right eye (above the tooth) feels a bit dry for whatever reason.

One thought I had...I wonder if this infected tooth was the cause of all my weird eye/sinus pressure I had a few months ago. They never found anything on CT scans or vision checks, and the pressure eventually wore down. Since the tooth was clearly dead I kind of wonder if I was having a massive infection that I missed due to the Prednisone covering up some of the symptoms.

It also makes me wonder on one other thing...I had a tooth filled right before my initial flare. It left my mouth in pain longer than I ever remember a filling doing so. Makes me suspect that it might have been involved.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called my dentist, that tooth was filled on 4/21, about a week before my flare started. I even had called them at the time as I suspected maybe I was allergic to something in the filling. I think I finally figured out what my onset infection was after all this time wondering. Strange how things work. I left a message for my Doctor, but not sure if they track this kind of thing or not.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did they use to fill the tooth?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not 100% sure, it's whatever the "standard" filling is, as I had to pay extra for the white fillings and it was not in a visible area of the tooth. I honestly thought I was having an allergy to the filling, but I'm wondering if it didn't stay sterile when they were doing the filing.
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast