Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Weggie Focus Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that some doctors almost feel obliged to send you out of the surgery with some sort of prescription. If you just did as you were told, I'm sure you could end up taking a huge cocktail after a while. The last time I went to the ER to get my torn ligament checked out they seemed almost apologetic that I would not need any treatment other than pain relief. They seemed surprised when I was pleased and said that I would sort it out for myself if nothing was broken.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think that some doctors almost feel obliged to send you out of the surgery with some sort of prescription. If you just did as you were told, I'm sure you could end up taking a huge cocktail after a while. The last time I went to the ER to get my torn ligament checked out they seemed almost apologetic that I would not need any treatment other than pain relief. They seemed surprised when I was pleased and said that I would sort it out for myself if nothing was broken.
    Some patients feel cheated if they don't get some pill to take. Many of the better physicians dole out lots of placebo prescriptions just to make the patient feel better. Lots of research studies on drugs and treatment find the placebos are just effective as the treatment or drug being studying. That is why a new drug has to prove it is more effective than a placebo drug in order to get certified as being effective for what ever it is suppose to treat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123