Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cellcept - typical dose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cellcept - typical dose

What is a typical dose of cellcept? My son, Justin, moved from cytoxan To cellcept at the end of October. His pulse has been elevated, over 110 most of the time, he sometimes is nauseous and is light headed with headaches. He is on 1000mg AM and PM. He is 15 and weighs 120.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a fairly typical dose to me, but I've had a transplant so requirements may be different.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the usual dose. It isn't weight-related but I don't know if his young age makes a difference. Cellcept can cause acid reflux, but it's usually not that bad.

What do his docs say about the high pulse and light-headedness? The cause needs to be found and resolved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Theresa, I cannot say what a typical dose of Mycophenolate is as I can only relate my own experience. I was put on this drug almost from diagnosis as the same doseage as your son Justin. I am nearer 60 and double his weight so no fair comparison there! I dont recall feeling nauseous or light headed but it was over 2 years ago. The syptoms could be related to the drugs, his stomach or even his ears. Is he taking something like Omeprazole to protect his digestion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 17 and weighs around 50 kg. I'm on 500 mg twice a day, but I've been told that my dose is relatively small..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like his dose is not out of the normal. So far we have been directed to work with the Nephrologists to see if it is his blood pressure meds. He has been off of both lisinopril and losartan since Monday with no improvement to heart rate, lightheadedness, or headaches. We see the Nephrologist on Thursday. They will probably put him back on at least one of the bp meds.

So I will call the rheumy's to start trying to see if it is the cellcept or something else. they want blood work on Monday so I'll talk be talking to them about that too. I'll keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on 2000 mg of cellcept a day and that is the standard dose. Like Sangye stated need to find out why his heart rate is up.... It could be a side effect to one of the medicines he's on, and he should probably get a echo cardiogram done too. My heart rate was up after my transplant and I have been on tenormin ( atenenol) for years and it keeps my pulse around 55-65 bpm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently am taking 1500mg morning and 1500 in the evening. As far as the lightheadedness...at first when I made the switch I did notice some quirkiness but after a month was fine and have been on Cellcept for over 1-1/2 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was on cellcept to for over a year myself i never had these problems. but u should get it checked out.
    I am now off of cellcept for about 1 month so far so good
    I wish you goodluck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cellcept

1500 mg twice per day - adult female. I worked up to this and it has worked really well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast