Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrogant Doctors my RANT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arrogant Doctors my RANT

His Title....Professor of Transplant Surgery, one of the best so I was told, highly regarded by his peers.
    To Me....The most rude, arrogant S.O.B that I have ever met in my life.
    Picture this ( my feelings ): becoming violently ill you thought you were going to die, then having your world turned upside down when your told you have an incurable disease (WG) being put on meds that make you balloon into unbeliveable proportions and your kidneys failing adding extra kgs's of fluid everywhere. Basically feeling pretty miserable with yourself and life in general.
    The Doctor's questions : Do you smoke?....... No I gave up when I was brought into hospital 16 weeks ago and I found out I had WG. ( a major feet as I had smoked for 30 yrs and quit cold turkey )
    How long have you been married?...... 28 yrs why?
    How big were you back then?....... size 16
    Oh so you've always been big ...... I couldn't answer him
    My husband jumps in...Look since she's been on these steroid tablets the weight and fluid has piled on
    The Doctor....Stop making excuse's for her...She's like a brown bear
    My husband confused with that comment..... what???
    I replied almost in tears...A brown bear can live off its own fat without having to eat
    The Doctor said... for at least six months! Well your going to have to loose 40 kg....At your size we wouldn't be able to find a vein to dialysis you and you would be dead in 6 months without it.
    I replied crying: I've already had dialysis 4 times
    Doctor: Oh.....well you still need to loose the wieght....I supose your looking at transplant too
    I replied: Yes if and when its needed... I have 6 kidneys on offer from family
    Doctor: your too big for transplant you will have to loose the weight or thats it...over
    Me and my husband sat in silence and disbelief.... ( I cried )

The doctor examined both my arms looking for veins to make an access point. He wrote out a letter to the ultrasound people explaining what he wanted from them. I have an appointment on Thursday so they can map my veins .
    He then started talking about the surgery I would need to have to create the fistula.
    He explained about joining the artery and vein together and that fistlua would be done in 2 surgeries. Then he said " oh and when we go back in for the second surgery, your arm will be mutilated....its quite messy because we have to lift the new vein/artery to the surface.

WHAT A LOVELY BEDSIDE MANNER

The moral of this story.....No matter how bad you feel or how low you get... there is always some arse in this world to Kick you again and make you feel lower

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I was there to kick him for you dunkie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a jerk...some people deserve to get popped in the mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunkie2202 View Post
    The Doctor....Stop making excuse's for her...She's like a brown bear
    I literally have my mouth WIDE open. How dare he!
    I thought my doctors were rude but i think you may have found the biggest b*stard out there.

Chin up hun. I hope you find support and answers in your quest on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only really bad one I came across did not talk to patients at all and directed all his treatment using interpretation of results and Xrays. That is probably preferable to being directly insulted. Even if he did have medical concerns about weight, there are constructive ways of addressing these issues rather than alienating your patients. Perhaps he was away sick when they did that lecture.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a better person than I am dunkie... I would have belted him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a half hour rant from my chest consultant about losing weight, as i am so hideously overweight i'm tipping the axis of the world at this point.
    I have never been thin and i never will be.

He even went as far as doing a cholestrol blood check. I've NEVER had weight related health problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunkie, my jaw literally dropped open and I gasped loudly.... Please do NOT let this doctor operate on you. Find someone else. Travel if you have to. Someone who treats you like this is either mentally unstable, on drugs (I'm not kidding) or just plain cruel. None of those make for a good surgeon. Anything can happen in a surgery, even a minor one. Never go under the knife with someone you don't trust when you're wide awake.

In my 20's I had several outpatient orthopedic surgeries. Each time an anaesthesiologist would come talk to me ahead of time and ask me about allergies, etc.... One time the guy who came was bright red, like a tomato. His nose was runny, and he was very agitated. He rushed through the questions and was very rude about my answers. I didn't trust him, but I was young and it was "only" the gas guy. Afterwards in the recovery room I just could not wake up no matter how hard I tried. I started vomiting and couldn't stop. I was even falling asleep while vomiting. I'd never had that kind of reaction before. Hours went by and I still couldn't wake up fully or stop vomiting. They had to keep me overnight. My mom was with me and she agreed with me that the doctor must have been on cocaine and given me too much anaesthetic.

The guy you saw might have been an excellent doctor, but he's high risk now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There must be a Board of Registration or Overseers to report this so called Doctor to. I would not be suprised if there are already complaints against him. Patients have rights. He does not belong in the profession.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sangye, he sounds mentally unstable and not connected to his patients. I agree with Renidrag, need to report this. I am doublellly sure he had done this so many time's!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast