Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H1N1 - the girl who kicked the hornet's nest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is like everything else in medicine the belief would be that a few of us being harmed by a vaccine are "worth it" if the majority are protected by it? It is an interesting theory, as I also received the H1N1 vaccine last year before they'd let me out of the hospital after a surgery. I'm guessing the difficulty here would be establishing a positive link between the vaccine and the disease. Especially given that the medical establishment, CDC, and WHO would all be inclined to deny any link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holistic docs question the part about the majority being protected by it. The science of vaccines and their efficacy is not as solid as we are led to believe. Not surprising, since the same people who profit from them are the ones doing the research.

Psyborg, I don't question your choice in taking the vaccine, but I'm wondering why you said "before they'd let me out of the hospital." You have a right to refuse any medical procedure, including vaccines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right of course. I was told that due to the surgery I'd be particularly susceptible and should take the vaccine, never having had a problem with a vaccine before I went ahead.

Now mind you I was also in the military when I was fresh from High school and had a lot of way more obscure vaccines (Nerve Gas, Anthrax, Gama Gobulin, Typhoid, etc) before they shipped me off to the middle east. I've suspected that one of those were possibly the cause of my liver issues, but again I have 0 proof. But having no family history if liver issues, and having liver issues diagnosed almost immediately after getting out I am suspicious. Weirdly that's not a malady that has been associated with gulf war syndrome so I feel like I'm barking up a tree if I try to do anything with the VA though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there's a nerve gas vaccine? I didn't know about that one. Yeah, before you even mentioned the liver connection, my antennae went straight up. I wonder if elevated liver enzymes are associated with Gulf War syndrome. I feel so bad that happened to you, regardless of how it happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    LIsaMarie, I'm so sorry you lost your friend to H1N1, how are the children?
    Coping the best they can they live with hteir Grandma who has cancer and is on o2......she still smokes so it is an interesting environment...but she loves them more than anything in the world......so we help as we can but they are a proud country family and only accept help when it is desparately needed......I pray every day that the good Lord watches over them...they have had a rough life....
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad thier grandma is sick, but happy they are loved by her. Thanks for sharing LisaMarie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Wow, there's a nerve gas vaccine? I didn't know about that one. Yeah, before you even mentioned the liver connection, my antennae went straight up. I wonder if elevated liver enzymes are associated with Gulf War syndrome. I feel so bad that happened to you, regardless of how it happened.
    Not sure the nerve gas thing was a vaccine so much as an antidote that we took. But it was along with everything else. I do know that people have had bizarre reactions to gamma gobulin as well. And anthrax I can't imagine isn't a risky vaccine given what it is.

I was honestly extremely overweight as of a year ago. Not now at all due to the bypass surgery, it wasn't until I started to get health that the Wegs hit me, great luck there . So I think that regardless they will blame my physical poor condition for the liver issue, though honestly most people that are overweight never develop anything beyond fatty liver. I have full on cirrhosis and never had a liver enzyme test that was more that +15...most people that develop cirrhosis have enzyme levels of +200 or so as I understand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had to have gamma globulin vaccines every 3 months in the Peace Corps. It was long before I was into holistic medicine, but I remember having a real aversion to taking all those vaccines. That was 1986-88, before you heard about vaccine controversies and damage. I just had a strong gut feeling that they were harming me.

Did they find any evidence of fatty liver in a biopsy? Extreme fatty liver can lead to cirrhosis, but it's a gradual decline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe so...so in all likelihood that was the cause of the liver issues. That said losing weight actually had the liver healing, I really want to be careful of meds for that reason. It was normal size again (was significantly enlarged before) and my enzymes are completely normal now. Still i wonder...there are plenty of overweight people in the family but I'm literally the only one to develop any liver issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get teh flu shot yearly and got the H1N1 shot last year (forgot about it so far this year). I have no fear of these vaccines and highly recommend all you immunosupressed individuals get these whenever possible

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast