Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: weight problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is wonderful Brooke, sounds like you are in remission!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Brooke, I am smiling ear to ear reading how well you're doing! So happy for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye! I hope this gives a little hope to some people that Rituxan can work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been on pred. since 1st December and huge weight gain and moon face here too - was likened to an Ooompa-Lumpa off Charlie & The Choc Factory!!! Cant say I'm happy about it, but my current thinking is that it is saving me a fortune on botox, as all my lines have been filled in for free . . . if only it did the same job on the saddle-nose!! Am living with the weight gain at the moment . . . that's a future challenge to face when things are more under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jules some of the weight comes off once your prednisone is decreased. Yes, I told that I looked 15 years younger with the moon face!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually didnt put any weight on while on higher doses of pred, now down to 7.5mg, which all my doctors were very impressed with. I put this down to already being overweight and i think i've hit my peak of fatness. That being said losing weight is so hard and thanks to my Chest consultant i am now worried about high cholestrol which at the moment is sitting at a normal 5.2. And also very worried about Diabetes...supposedly GP's (in UK) give help and guidance to people with weight issues...i've yet to meet one although all my doctors are very quick to tell me how fat i am.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooke, I love your avatar! You and your family are so beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye!! I wasn't sure how to add a picture but figured it out after searching how to do it on another thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ziggy,

Its a constant struggle. I too have put on weight and it seems more and more with each year that passes. But the other day I decided that I can blame the pred all I want, part of this is my behavior! So I now am sure to do some form of physical exercise 6 days a week and and very consientous of what I put in my mouth. Of course, I have not given up my coffee, so others things will have to suffer. I have recently ordered the Mayo Diet Book and will update you on that when I receive the book and journal information.
    I do think if I just journal WHAT I eat that would be an eye opener for me and may help me with the constant shove.
    Ill keep you informed. Good luck to you
    Lisa or coffeelover

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456