Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weight problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default weight problem

Since being on Prednisone and Imurel I have put on over a stone in weight. Although I'm on a low dose now the weight wont shift. Will it ever go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All just part of the fun i'm afraid. I put on 30lb when taking 40mg pd, and only now I'm on 15mg can I shift any of it and thats with careful eating and exercise and listening to the WG - but it is real slow. I am also certain that if i breath in whilst passing a bakers, it would all go back on...................ummmmm doughnuts!

Short answer: yes, the lower the pred, the more chance you have..... but it won't roll of like it rolled on.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey zig. It goes very slowly but it can come off. As to when and how it comes off, well that's entirely up to you On one side it's about how the Pred affects you personally. For example I didn't lose my moon face (some say I still have it but they're just jealous) and some weight until well after I stopped the Pred. Others a bit before they stop. On the other side it's diet and (if you can) exercise. Time unfortunately is king.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My weight came off once I reached 10 mg of Prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on Pred for 3 years. I started on 75mg and put on 16kg in just over a month, I could literally feel my skin ripping as i put on the weight!!! I have stretch marks that are just huge and I haven't even had a baby yet. Since that time my weight has not shifted. there has been absolutely no change for 3 years in my weight and I am down to 5mg of Pred. I have been on 5mg for about a year and a half. I remember the Dr's telling me that it would go on so easily but would be so hard to shift - so true.

I think I actually found this one of the hardest things to deal with. By the sounds of what people are saying above it really is different for everyone. I wish it would come off easier.

If anyone has some tips I am all ears!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheena, same here. I didn't know about the increased appetite being caused by pred and so I just ate as I wanted. I gained 40lbs in 4 months. I've since put on another 20 due to more pred and 4.5 yrs of inactivity. I was off pred for 2.5 yrs and my weight didn't budge, even though I was eating very little.

I am absolutely miserable with my body like this. It's by far the hardest part of Wegs for me. I can't stand looking like this, and I really can't stand the restrictions. I can't even get a good forward stretch because my stomach is in the way! I feel like I'm trapped in a Hollywood fat suit. The worst part is that I'm quite limited in my ability to exercise, so there's no budging it. Ironically, last night I actually dreamed I was watching a video of me at my pre-Wegs weight and was feeling quite depressed.

Please, don't anyone tell me I should love myself at this weight, that it's cute to be pudgy, etc.... I will probably not react well to hearing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, you have to be comfortable at the weight that you want to be. Even gaining 10-15 lbs for me was alot to bear, plus I'm short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye - I know exactly how you feel. Except I do have the energy and am feeling well enough to excercise, just looking for some motivation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, I've always loved exercise and physical exertion. I never had to motivate myself-- it was always like play to me. Can you find something you really enjoy? Walking on a treadmill and things like that are probably not much fun for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    ...just looking for some motivation.
    Motivation is everything.
    MOVE on!

(Sorry. I'm not a native English speaker. Some things seem funny to me...)

Can't find the motivation to practise either.
    I'm not on 'Pred', but I DO have 'Wegs' though...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast