Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Liver involvement anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back from Edmonton with Hana (our just turned 4 yr old). Marta is staying in Edmonton for at least the next 6 days. We spent a good part of the day at the hospital in emerg to get her eye looked at. Marta's rhemy recommended this approach as it would get her in to see an opthamologist sooner and that indeed turns out to be the case. She has an appointment Dec 6. Initial exam today did not set off any alarms. Her vision is 20-16 and no there was no other evidence of problems other than headaches. HA!, Headaches - Holy crap (please pardon the expression) but do I ever have a whole new definition of what a headache is. I've seen my wife take some pretty hard shots over the years but nothing like this!!

I read ALL your posts daily and see the BS you endure and the strength you employ to deal with "it". Hard to pick words here, but, suffice it to say that I am deeply moved by what I read from you all (y'all to our buddies to the south!). In Canada we have an expression, "giver",or perhaps, "give'r". not sure of the etymology but essentially it means "go hard" or..."never give up". You all epitomize this all-so Canadian expression.

Right now my daughter Hana is making a card for her Mom (Mum) and, even though it is far past her bedtime, I cannot interrupt; its far too important to her - and me.

Peace to all of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update on Marta's status. Headaches is what drove me to the guy who diagnosed me....they were so bad I could not take it anymore...and that is what I told the doc...so he really took me serious and put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Take care of yourself and Hana and I will be thinking of Marta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta and you make such a sweet couple-- both so thoughtful and kind.

I'm glad Marta got her eyes checked. I don't remember if she had a brain MRI yet. When I hear of a Weggie with bad headaches I think 3 things: sinus, eyes or central nervous system involvement. Headaches could also be due to the meds, but in Marta's case that's ruled out because she's off them temporarily. Whatever the cause, I hope they find it and fix it quickly. Big hugs to her from me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Brian, So sorry Marta is in hospital and not at all well. I hope she feels better very soon and they do something for the appalling head pain and sort things out. She doesn't deserve this ( who does ). Thinking of you all.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear Brian sorry to hear the news about Marta . hope they take care of her for us please take care of yourself and Hannah too, Thinking of you all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Wishes Brian to you and Hana, please accept all our love and best wishes and pass them onto Marta. Going to Hospital is a accepted way of life for us Weggies but look at the positives and hope that this is the start of the end to her headaches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally talked to my doctor again and she doesn't believe my liver involvement is associated with Wegeners at all based on my biopsy. Overall that's probably a good thing, though it would be nice to pin everything together

She's sticking with MTX because it is working well for me and they are just going to monitor my enzymes. Evidently the biopsy wasn't as bad as I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is good new Psyborg, hope your liver enzymes improve in time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good news my liver enzymes go on a rollercoaster of their own docs say we will keep an eye on it too !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to hear your liver is not affected by Wegs, Psyborg.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast