Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mepron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy mepron.

is anyone else taking this horrible medicine? it makes my tounge go numb, its thick yellow nasty smelling stuff.
    Weggie Since June 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not taking it and I don't think I have ever heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not come across it on the Forum before. Is it used in place of Bactrim?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

googled it an anti b

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah its another form of Bactrim since im allergic to sulfa. just wanted to know if anyone else was taking it in place of the Bactrim and what they thought about it, personally i hate it.
    Weggie Since June 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just prescribed this medicine. I start tomorrow morning. Supposedly I'm suppose to be on it for the long haul as a PCP profylaxis. Anyone have any experience with this? Even the pharmacist said it was nasty to take. how are the side-effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband has been on Mepron since June. Bright Neon Yellow thicker then anything I've ever seen before (Medicine wise). It has caused his taste buds to go a little crazy. Makes his tounge sore at times as well. Is constantly on a medicine to treat thrush (But that could be caused by ANY of his medications). MOST expensive medicine we have purchased to date! Unfortunatley John has an allergy to Sulfa drugs and the Dapsone he was on messed with his liver so Mepron was the only other option for him.
    BE CAREFUL it stains! Use a dropper NOT a cup (Or you will have to use your tongue to get it out YUCK!). John walks around with a yellow mouth due to it staining even the skin.
    As for other side effects. He is on 18 different medications a day so any systems he has could be caused by ANY of them (Metallic taste. numbness. sore tongue) But the sore tongue did not start until the Mepron and it is the ONLY medicine that touches his tongue as a liquid.
    Good luck guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie78 View Post
    My husband has been on Mepron since June. Bright Neon Yellow thicker then anything I've ever seen before (Medicine wise). It has caused his taste buds to go a little crazy. Makes his tounge sore at times as well. Is constantly on a medicine to treat thrush (But that could be caused by ANY of his medications). MOST expensive medicine we have purchased to date! Unfortunatley John has an allergy to Sulfa drugs and the Dapsone he was on messed with his liver so Mepron was the only other option for him.
    BE CAREFUL it stains! Use a dropper NOT a cup (Or you will have to use your tongue to get it out YUCK!). John walks around with a yellow mouth due to it staining even the skin.
    As for other side effects. He is on 18 different medications a day so any systems he has could be caused by ANY of them (Metallic taste. numbness. sore tongue) But the sore tongue did not start until the Mepron and it is the ONLY medicine that touches his tongue as a liquid.
    Good luck guys!
    Thanks for the response. The side effect I'm worried most about is wacked-out taste buds. Right now food is tasting weird to me mostly because I've been on a bunch of different antibiotics to treat PCP. I have to take Mepron for a profylaxis going forward. I'm really hoping that it won't mess with how food tastes. I mean, it's really all I've got these days.

You're not kidding about the cost of Mepron. I think it's about $1500 for a one month supply. Fortunately my insurance covers pretty much all of it. But between that and the RTX I'm costing my HMO an arm and a leg. I guess it makes up for the 36 years of really good health I had prior to getting sick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is the stuff they gve me in the hospital, it was so thick....and now i can not eat any banana flavored candy ...
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That has to be it Rini. In the hospital Johns tasted like banana. However when he got it from the pharmacy to take at home it was more of a spicy medicine (so he says) we pay $55/mo but retail is $1700 for our pharmacy
    Now the one thing we haven't established ....is this a maintenance med or will it be long term. Any of you know?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast