User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another lovely pred side effect. Will it go away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yet another lovely pred side effect. Will it go away?

Hi guys!

Thanks to the lovely effects of pred, I now need a new engagement ring as a result of sausage fingers caused be pred. My ring finger has gone from a ring size P to a size T, that's a massive difference, 4 bloody sizes! :/

Since my engagment ring has diamonds in it, it would be a big risk to have it resized when there is such a gap between the two sizes. So I've got to buy a new one... lovely, don't you just LOVE all the fun side effects that pred has?

Anyway, my question is, should I go for a cheap temp. ring and then wait for my fingers to "reduce" or will my fingers always be like this now and I should just buy a higher class/quality ring?

And is this a common effect of pred or are my fingers just weird?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malin, it's a common side effect. It won't last once you're on very low doses of pred or off it, but it's hard to know when that will be. I don't know what to suggest about the type of ring, just thought I'd tell you that your fingers are normal.

Pred stinks, BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank's Sangye, it's always nice to know that you're normal when your a weggie... atleast "normal" by weggie standards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can count on anything lasting for ever. My rings were too tight to remove at one stage, but now I have had to change the finger I wear them on to stop them falling off!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wait and see, they might go back to normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the lucky lad to buy you a diamond necklace for the ring so you can continue to wear it on you for now.........well he would if he really loved you..........
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Malin~ I have the same problem!! I am not on pred anymore, but my wedding ring hasn't fit in over 6 months. So, I went and bought a cheapy one with a bigger diamond! haha. Hopefully I can lose some weight sometime soon! Probably won't have the motivation since the Holidays are right around the corner. I would probably "weight" on gettting a higher class/cost ring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Malin i was gonna suggest just buying a chain for it to sit on...do ya really NEED it on your finger? As long as ya still have it...surely thats all that matters.

I saw my doc yesterday and he looked at my ECG results and had written, underlined and exclamation marked on the bottom "This is a Normal ECG!" lol i said well at least something is normal. I was so proud!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is good news to have ECG normal! How are you otherwise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys!
    I was thinking of a chain as well but I don't really like necklaces that much, I only really wear the really looong type of necklaces.
    I ordered a cheaper but still very nice looking plain court style ring today, I think in the UK you call then wedding bands?, it's funny cus in Sweden you would have a plain ring as your engagement ring and then a more "bling" ring with diamonds or something as your Wedding ring but I think in the UK it is the other way around? Funny how it all works with traditions and stuff!

Oooh that is good news freaky! Well done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast