Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Always a fight

Why is it the NHS in Essex (especially where i am) cannot get their acts together?

Went to see my GP today to get a repeat perscription of my meds and get a referral to Addenbrooks.

Firstly no letter has been sent from my Rheumy to my GP in over a week to say that he's seen me, what meds i'm on and the fact that i can ask for a referral.

Secondly my GP wont give me a repeat prescription for Methotrexate "because its toxic" without a letter from the Rheumy.

She also wont refer me to Addenbrooks, again, without said letter because he has to say i'm allowed to go there (what?)

So now i'm gonna have to ring my Rheumy's secretary who is unhelpful at her best and complete waste of space vacuous cow when at her worst. She wont write down the right things in the bloomin letter and she'll most likely make me wait longer for it now. Grrr!!

Is it just me?? Please tell me others are having problems too!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having all these bad experiences with your doctors, I've mentioned before that I always get really good service. Where are you finding these people? I can only advise you to keep bashing away and get yourself under the care of Addenbrooks. Hopefully things will change then.

It is not unusual for your GP to not have authority to prescribe certain drugs. My own Myfortic has to be prescribed by the hospital rather than my GP. Try to stay calm and just explain to the secretary that you urgently need your next prescription and this is dependant on the letter. Explain to here that you are worried about what may happen if you don't take it on time.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She wont care Jack! hahaa! But i will try. I'll be calm and polite.

Must just be my local hospital cos many others get good treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you go over to your Rheumy and ask for a letter? In the meantime can any other doctor( Lung doc, ENT...ect) refer you to Addenbrooks? My immunologist refered me to a Rheumy and made an appointment for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    In the meantime can any other doctor( Lung doc, ENT...ect) refer you to Addenbrooks?.
    I'll have to try that, my Lung consultant's secretary is the most helpful woman!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Sam, what a mess !! i phoned up my gp to get an appointment which i can't get till monday. My last gp( i changed because they kept loosing letter and receptionist were horrible you had to get by them to get an appointment) said i would have to be discharged first before a referal can be made i have wrote a letter to him asking to be discharged. Before i post it i am going to ask to speak to a any docter at the praticew and ask, this terrible that you can't see who you want also Sam i am going to ring addenbrooks back and ask there advice. I remember her saying that you need a referal from gp or rheumy . Sam you said that you gp has not got a letter yet from your rheumy it took mine about three weeks to get to gp because i always ask for a copy too. After your appointment with rheumy they do a they dictate it to there secretary my rheumys sec is horrible too is not at all helpful i think he handpicked her!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Eileen and Sam my heart goes out to you. I live probably less than 30 miles from you and yet have an altogether different experience with the NHS. No help to you I know but what I can say is that if and when you get to Addenbrookes I hope and pray that it signals a whole new world to you and that the frustration and anxiety are removed from the equation, lets face it, its a tough enough hand of cards we have been dealt with to start with.
    On the positive side we can share the driving and the petrol costs!!
    All aboard the M11 flyer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know geoff you wouldn't beleive it, i just written a letter to the rheumy to ask if he could discharge me from his care as i was suppose to see him on the 19oct but i haven't posted it yet, i don't know what to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eileenv View Post
    i don't know what to do
    I think you do! We cannot perscribe for each other as one thing is apparent with this illness is the variety of condition and severity but it would appear to me that you hav'nt really got any stability so far. There is a clinic I know on friday at Adds because I was supposed to go but thats been cancelled because of my recent attendance caused by my 'flare'. I would call Jane at the Vasculitus clinic and speak again to her and explain your dilemma. You've started the ball rolling, keep strong!!