Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Always a fight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sam, letters to Docs tend to take about 3 weeks from appointments.

Call secretary and request faxed 'fast tracked' letter to your GP as you need your meds. Naturally mention that you would be grateful if they would mention your referal on the letter too!

If the Sec. is realy a 'cow', leave a message for the rhumy to call you as you are having trouble with your meds.

Good luck.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Sam
    when i have appointment with wg consult he always e mails my gp yhe next day with treatment and meds etc changes so it can be done .
    and yes you can to any consult i asked my gp for a refferal to a certain eye consult because i didnt want to go back to my original one i had the same problem with my first gp he did not know what he was doing and missing things i had no confidence in him so my husband and i had an appointment with the pratice management and now see the senior partner .
    you deserve the best keep on asking
    also i was only allowed to get my methrotrate from the hospital for quite awhile.,its something to do with a care plan between the hospital and gp
    yes your right it is a battle but hopefully u will sort it out
    good luck DEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow so many replies!!

Phoned the secretary today and she bowled me over with kindness!! So i have to take back what i said (its gonna be a bitter pill to swallow!)

She said she's get on it right away, and write that i want a referral (though i hold my breath to whether this will get done) and about the meds. So all in all she did good!

And in Herts and Essex hosp letters from my Chest consultant to my gp took one week! I think it was even less. But like i said he has an excellent secretary. They really should do an awards or name and shame for some of these people.

As you say being diagnosed with wegs is a battle within its self. Shouldnt have to fight for the treatment you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW Sam what a turn around with the secretary, she must of swallowed a nice pill!!. I'm glad for you, iphoned addenbrooks and spoke to Dr Jayne's secretary and she i don't have to wair for to discharge me it's just like getting a second opinion, through i'm not seeing him again. I go to gp on monday to get mine. I got a letter saying come in on the 1st november for nose biopsy i phoned up and said no thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol good one!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nice that it worked out Freaky! Don't worry about that sec, we all need to vent , heck were humane for peetssake! Good docs on their way to take care of you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope so elephant!! hahaa!

I'm still waiting for those keys and gloves you said i would find with my nose irrigation! None as yet. Was hoping i'd get a cuddly toy at some point!!

Oooh and check out the pic of my new tattoo now on my profile, Got it tues and it looks sooooooo cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a very nice tattoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, so pleased with it. Looks awesome. Cant stop looking at it. Means a lot to me now...coming a week after starting on my meds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure you look up when walking don't need you bumping into something " cause you keep looking at your tattoo!"

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast