User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus irrigation bottle - do you know about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the battery operated Water Pik and found it quit after a few days. I was really disappointed in it since my Water Pik for cleaning my teeth is decades old and still works fine. The batteries corroded in the one for sinus rinses and it wouldn't work anymore so I bought a plug in electric one called Grossan Hydro Pulse. It holds more water and the pressure can be adjusted. It works good on tough stuff. When the nose seems pretty clean I just use the NeilMed squeeze bottle with homemade solution and packets when I travel.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    The batteries corroded in the one for sinus rinses and it wouldn't work anymore
    Sounds like you had the first generation device with a design flaw that allowed the salt water to reach the batteries...

"Note from the Longevity Guide: Water Pik is offering updated replacement SinuSense devices free of charge, since some early models leaked fluid into the battery compartment. See below for details."

Waterpik SinuSense Review

The link they have for the free replacement is dead though. You could of course mention it to waterpik in case they'd still honor their warranty. Also read the power button comes easily off the neilmed thingy, but they will replace the device if that happens. Man, I wish companies would put some effort on making quality stuff.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Grossan Hydro Pulse is the same thing as the Waterpik. The Waterpik is just much cheaper.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    Sounds like you had the first generation device with a design flaw that allowed the salt water to reach the batteries...

"Note from the Longevity Guide: Water Pik is offering updated replacement SinuSense devices free of charge, since some early models leaked fluid into the battery compartment. See below for details."

Waterpik SinuSense Review

The link they have for the free replacement is dead though. You could of course mention it to waterpik in case they'd still honor their warranty. Also read the power button comes easily off the neilmed thingy, but they will replace the device if that happens. Man, I wish companies would put some effort on making quality stuff.
    I threw the piece of junk away and told the pharmacist at Walgreen it was junk so they stopped stocking it to spare other customers the frustration. I was really disappointed cause Waterpik brand at one time meant good quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    The Grossan Hydro Pulse is the same thing as the Waterpik. The Waterpik is just much cheaper.
    Can't be same because the Grossan seems well built and not junk like the battery operated one turned out to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have sinus involvement. My doctor recommended it to me and it didn't help me at all. It didn't help or hurt. But I know many people who swear by it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwetter View Post
    I do have sinus involvement. My doctor recommended it to me and it didn't help me at all. It didn't help or hurt. But I know many people who swear by it.
    If you only did it one or two times, you might not have seen any improvement. There can be a lot of old mucus built up in your nasal cavity and around the openings to your sinuses. It can take multiple rinses to get this out. It helps to inhale steam ahead of time, from a long hot shower, leaning over a bowl, or a personal steam appliance like the Vicks model. I am surprised at what sometimes comes out if I rinse multiple times. Getting that stuff out of there will help a lot.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never used the battery Waterpik, just the plug in one with the 1 liter reservoir. They usually last me about 2 years or so. I get them for about 50 dollars here.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I never used the battery Waterpik, just the plug in one with the 1 liter reservoir. They usually last me about 2 years or so. I get them for about 50 dollars here.
    Almost worth a trip to Canada, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny how I wasn't at all surprised that Phil has a power tool for nasal rinsing. He just seems like the guy who tools like that. I bet he does a Tim The Tool Man Taylor grunting sounds when he picks up the machine too

You know we love you Phil
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast