User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sinus irrigation bottle - do you know about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I will be your assistant.......
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good. I have been to this doctor but he wasn't calling himself "Phil" at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in my pic it is our Phil .I post it with THANKS to Phil for his helping.
    Last edited by Alysia; 11-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, ha, Alysia! You are very good with inserting the pics. I will have to work on that some more.... used to be able to but have had problems lately. I may PM you and find out what methods you are using. I guess I could learn to draw cartoons of myself getting whacked with a stick of firewood, too....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting whacked with firewood is not currently an FDA approved form of sinus treatment- but don't let that deter you. Let us know how it is working for you. Pics and graphics like Alysia has made would definatly be informative

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Getting whacked with firewood is not currently an FDA approved form of sinus treatment- but don't let that deter you. Let us know how it is working for you. Pics and graphics like Alysia has made would definatly be informative
    Ha, ha, Kirk! i have to say the firewood whacking has neither helped nor hurt my sinus issues, so far. And doesn't seem to have caused any lasting damage. Will have to check out that cartoon site... sounds like fun.

So, kinda cold this morning in the Oly/Shelton area, eh? First really cold weather of the year. 22F. at my house, or -5.56 for you Celsius people. Yes, I know that's not so cold for some of you. But the firewood whacking did provide me with some warmth this morning!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    So, let's see here......hmm.......lol

Nikki: Try rinsing with about 6 or more bottles full of the Neil-Med thing. When I do it I use at least 8, usually 10. So in the beginning you might have to use at least 10 then to loosen up the bad crusties in the far back. Blow your nose in between of each bottle fill, but not too harshly. You have to be patient with the crusties. And even after 15 bottles full at one time you will prob still have bleeding. I always have bleeding, it never ends.

Anne: I am just a frowner.......lol

And isotonic, like what the Neil-Med packets are, is the best way to go. I experimented lots back in 2003 just before I got the Neil-Med and Waterpik. I did all the leg work.....lol. So please trust me when I say isotonic is the way to go. When mixing your own you have to have pure water like RO or distilled. Boiled water from the tap is a BIG NO-NO!!!! Then you also have to use pure salt with no additives like sea salt or coarse salt. Look on the package closely to make sure there is nothing added. And of course baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). It is best to use a bit more of that to make sure you have an isotonic solution that will not irritate the nose. I use 2 heaping quarter tea spoons of salt and 3 to 4 times that much of baking soda to one liter of water. If you have major crusties or are doing this for the first time then one might have to only use about twice as much baking soda as salt.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear to understand.
    this was a funny thread with lots of wisdom and humor of dr. Phil
    the picture that I attached above is not showing up, so I post it again..... In memory of the good old days when my sweet dr. Phil was around to take care of us....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I searched in the pictures and I found Phil's water pike. I should have taking a video of him making his nose irrigation. we both wanted but delayed it.... it was very impressing. the nurses wanted to watch him doing it. and he explained to them so kindly. its amazing how many memories this picture is bringing ... I can vividly see him irrigating... I miss him so much..... tears....

Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a nice thread with good advices from my beautiful dr. Phil... I miss him.. Thanks God & andrew for old posts...
    I attach a comics I made then..
    FB_IMG_1454604572476.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast