User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus irrigation bottle - do you know about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been an avid Netipot user since my problems started. I found the "squeeze bottle" method got to heavy and caused some ear infections. Warm water, saline packet, pour and blow. Works the best for me. Might try some baking soda. Thanks for the tip, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Netipot looks, well, scary to me!!

I have the squeeze bottle and used it for the first time last night...was weird but works great.

Highly recommend it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been using the "squeeze bottle" sinus wash for over a year and I LOVE it. I also have a machine that is a sinus irrigation. It was about $100 and that works even better. My Dad taught me this treat to irrigate the back sinus'. It only works with the eletronic machine b/c you have to irrigate for a longer time then it takes to just squeeze the bottle. If anyone is interested let me know and when I'm not being lazy (sorry long day with sick kids) I'll go look up the machine name and write down how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
    I have been using the "squeeze bottle" sinus wash for over a year and I LOVE it. I also have a machine that is a sinus irrigation. It was about $100 and that works even better. My Dad taught me this treat to irrigate the back sinus'. It only works with the eletronic machine b/c you have to irrigate for a longer time then it takes to just squeeze the bottle. If anyone is interested let me know and when I'm not being lazy (sorry long day with sick kids) I'll go look up the machine name and write down how to do it.
    Is it a Waterpik or Grossan Hydropulse? I would be interested to learn your technique. I have a Waterpik and used to have a Grossan Hydropulse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Camper: I am interested in that machine. Most of my sinus problems are in the nasopharynx area in the back of my sinuses which is hard to irrigate. Would like to try something that flushes more thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my sinus surgery, I have done this twice a day for years and it works great. I even took it high up on Everest along with all my meds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is the Grossan Hydro Pulse. ]
    Ok let me see if I can explain this I kinda suck at explaining things LOL. So I go up on the counter and tuck my head forward (like chin to chest) in the sink. So you are kneeling on the counter. You probably will need someone to help you because you get a little dizzy I almost fell once. So then you put the thing up one nostil like normal but then hold your other nostril closed with your finger. Then turn on machine and what is going to happen is it will come out the back your throat into your mouth. So keep your mouth open and try and relax and just let it flow. If your head is not tucked down enough it will go down your throat and choke you. It's kinda hard to do in the beginning but once you can relax enough and get the right angle it's fine. I then switch sides and do the other nostril. It also feels really weird the first couple times like the water is filling up your head and ears. It also blocked my ears up the first time maybe b/c I was tense, but once I got the hang of it that didn't happen anymore. My Dad got me doing this and when he told his ENT about it he said I'm suprised you figured this out it will help clear out the back sinus. Alright good luck and feel free to ask me questions if you don't understand my crazy explaination. Sorry LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Happy Camper. I may try this in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Struth! Glad I never had to resort to anything like that.

Armed with my trusty free syringe, I just squirted the saline up one nostril and then the other until it had cleared a pathway. It would then flow up one side and down the other, all this with my head face down over the sink. I would usually get through almost a pint of solution at one session, but that was almost free too so it did not matter. After a few minutes, I would then gently blow my nose to get anything out that had required soaking.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pherggren1: Any Luck???

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast