User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus irrigation bottle - do you know about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any tips on getting this stuff in the uk??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    any tips on getting this stuff in the uk??
    Just left you link on your other thread re neilmed. I found it great, easy to use left me feeling good, and can be used as you require it. First time can be a bit of an adventure but once you get into the swing of it , no probs.

You can also buy in Boots or Alliance Pharmacys although you may need to order them. Loads of online chemists have them too.

Oh, one word of warning, if you do run out of sachets, don't just use water as it stings like *ell!
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/2 pint warm, boiled water.
    1 level teaspoon salt.
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
    50 ml syringe from chemist (add a short extension tube if you feel you need it).

Draw up a full syringe of solution. Lean forward over the sink and gently squirt it up your nose.
    Repeat until you have used all the solution or feel that you have washed out all the crud.
    Blow your nose gently.

I used to do this a couple of times a day and it not only kept my nose clear so that I could breath again, but stopped further damage from excessive blowing.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use the same the same as Jack and it worked for me too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it twice a day and it keeps your nose squeaky clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol squeaky clean ay elephant?? Ok cool thanks for the tips guys. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't agree more with the regular rinse benifits. I just use small plastic bowl and snuff up the salt water out of it. I have tried all the other methods and for me I think I would vote for the Neil med bottle as probably the best. The water pik is also great but having to do it twice a day it seems a bit of a hassle to keep the thing clean and out of the way. My system is a bit lazyness driven you see. I agree with Jack about not creating more inflamation. If I get too much in a hurry and blow too hard it tears things up a bit and is not as good as being a little patient and letting things soak for just a bit before blowing things out.
    I also use Alkalol in my solution sporadically, but every time if I am having trouble. It is meant for this and is very soothing and mildly antiseptic. It is a mucous solvent, I love the stuff. I only scrimp on it a bit because it is not cheap. So I am cheap as well as lazy - but I am getting by.
    I suffered for years with terrible sinus problems and now they are doing pretty well with regular maintenance. I think the regular treatment is very important as well as trying different things until you find the system and combination of products that works best for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't you guys get a Waterpik in the UK? I find it supperior to any other method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Waterpik sold here is advertised as a high pressure water jet for dental cleaning. Is this the same device? I don't fancy sticking a high pressure jet up my poor nose.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Waterpik sold here is advertised as a high pressure water jet for dental cleaning. Is this the same device? I don't fancy sticking a high pressure jet up my poor nose.
    Yes it is the same device Jack but you have to get a nasal attachment and it greatly reduces the pressure and you can adjust the flow as well. It is quite safe and recommended by many ENTs in the US.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast