Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: T-shirts and other Weggie goodies are available for purchase on-line

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Phil, I just read your post while eating a piece of watermelon and it just about came out my nose. You're too funny. I'm still laughing.
    I wish stuff came out that easily out of my nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, maybe that might be the next big thing ...putting mushed up watermelons up our nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hey, maybe that might be the next big thing ...putting mushed up watermelons up our nose.
    I'll give it a try. Marta has already tried out the nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Sounds like your WG is playing games with your Marta, keep a close on on your sinuses....they are a great indicator for active WG.
    Thanks elephant. I went to a new doc in town today - she's a great young doctor who was here when I was prego, and left town to have her own baby and just got back - so that I have access to someone close to home who I like and trust (I can walk to the docs office from my house). I told her the whole story and asked if she could be my 'go to' - she took a bunch of notes, asked some great questions, and I now have someone I can bounce my self diagnosis off of. I put myself on 20mg of pred and was going to stay here for two three days, she suggested staying at 20 for a week, and then instead of going down back to 12.5 go to 15 while we're working out the immunosurpressant switch. I was thinking exactly the same thing in bed last night (going to 15 instead of 12.5 as that's when most of my symptoms popped up). So I'm happy with the doctors visit. I'm also happy to have someone close to home.

Thanks a ton for your help and support, I really don't know how I could have handled this crazy WG without all of you guys here. You have no idea how totally invaluable this group is to my life and mental well being.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are always here for you Marta. Glad to hear that you have a good local GP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How wonderful that you can walk to her office and talk to her about what's going on with you. That is why I like this forum, wonderful people and great support. Like Phil stated we are here for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, I'm glad you found a go-to doc. I like the idea of lowering more slowly. I did not like the idea of jumping all the way to 20 mg because you had sinus symptoms. That's a huge jump. The comment about adrenals doing that when we get sick is not very accurate. For one, they don't produce anywhere near the levels of cortisone that we are on with pred. For another, they don't sustain the higher levels, just spike them. Like Elephant said, sinus activity can mean Wegs activity... keep an eye on things.

My Wegs doc only sees me every 3 months, including during my flare last year. I can get in sooner if I have to, but most of the time if I have concerns I email his office and he tells me what to do. Someday when things quiet down I'm sure he'll extend it to every 6 months and eventually annually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday four hour sale at Zazzle. Hoodies 50%off sale. Code HOODIES4SALE.
    FYI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice items Marta. Impressed. Can you tell me what the wording is under the panda t shirt as I can't quite read it on the site. Thanks.

Hope your stay in hospital is coming to a sucessful end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Nice items Marta. Impressed. Can you tell me what the wording is under the panda t shirt as I can't quite read it on the site. Thanks.
    OK relax - got it. Black eyes, fat cheeks, big appetite, slow reaction time, round belly, generally good disposition, and cute as a button... a big round button. lol.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast