Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to Brand a Disease and Sell a Cure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to Brand a Disease and Sell a Cure

This is an interesting article. We need the Wegs drugs, that's for sure. I'm just posting it to keep us all questioning our docs about the other pile of drugs they often prescribe for non-Wegs issues. I've sure had them offer me a lot that fall into the category described in the article.

How to brand a disease -- and sell a cure - CNN.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes you shiver to think that not everyone we come across in the medical profession has necesserily our best interests at heart.
    Having said that I am 'over the moon' with my current set of consultants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of interesting to contrast this with our conversation on symptoms. Obviously, symptoms are somewhat able to be manipulated by simply making them known. I can say with a certainty that there are certain WG symptom I didn't realize I had until I knew they were symptoms.

Goes back to unethical business practices in regards to people's health. Somehow it's acceptable to hook people on a drug for profit...as long as you are a pharmaceutical company.

Doug Guest

Lavoris created a condition, "halatosis", to sell a product that first was marketed to control dandruff. Everyone had bad breath if they ate between meals, didn't do a good job brushing, or a brushing wore off during the day, but Lavoris made bad breath "medical", and created a whole new market for their product, greatly improving their bottom line by making people feel there was a medical need for mouthwash.