Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwarrior, Where Are You?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lightwarrior, Where Are You?

We haven't heard from Lightwarrior in 3 weeks. She was still in the hospital with an unconfirmed infection (possibly in her kidney stones). I'm worried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope she is ok. Does anyone have her email?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed her (from her Member page) and included my phone number in case she's in the hospital without internet access. I sent it after I posted this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    We haven't heard from Lightwarrior in 3 weeks. She was still in the hospital with an unconfirmed infection (possibly in her kidney stones). I'm worried.
    Sorry I worried you. I spent 10 days in the hospital and then home with a Picc line (did I mention in the middle of all this the bank foreclosed on my landord and my kids had to move us to a new house that I had found before i went into the hospital). Even though I did no real physical labor on the move it was very draining, arranging U-hauls and changing utilities etc. etc. I have had 10 days of IV Invanz and 10 days of 3.75 gms Zosyn every 6 hours at home. My fevers are finally gone but I have been incredibly tired and my white count is down to 2.1 my RBC's are 2.3 and my Hemoglobin and Hemotcrit is 8.2 and 24. I suspect this is why I am so tired. The last labs were done by Infectious Disease doc, I called my Rheumy, his office has tried for 3 days supposedly to get these labs. I wonder if the 25mg dose of methotrexate is too high?? I had hoped that getting off Cytoxan and switching to mx would improve my counts. Got my PICC line out today and go back to work on Monday (I only have 10 hours left of leave time which means not only no paycheck but no insurance) My co-workers will help but I'm worried that my energy level is still too low. Short of a blood transfusion can't they give me something to help my red blood cells reproduce in greater quanity?

I'll try to post more frequently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear that you are home Christi, but not glad to hear of your overall situation.

You do not need the stress of having no insurance like that. I talk to some other Weggies that are in the same boat and it is painful to hear their stories. I can't imagine what you are going through.

I hope your energy level gets up there soon. Your white count is too low, that scares me. You are very susceptible to another infection. I hope you get your last blood results soon to go over with Rheumy. When do you see your Rheumy next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I hope your energy level gets up there soon. Your white count is too low, that scares me. You are very susceptible to another infection. I hope you get your last blood results soon to go over with Rheumy. When do you see your Rheumy next?
    I see him Monday at 03:15, I'm a little irritated that he didn't call ID doc himself for results. I'm having CBC and CMP (complete metabolic panel) done Monday morning. I know I'm very susceptible to another infection and it worries me also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I see him Monday at 03:15, I'm a little irritated that he didn't call ID doc himself for results. I'm having CBC and CMP (complete metabolic panel) done Monday morning. I know I'm very susceptible to another infection and it worries me also.
    I've never heard of CMP before. Do you know what that all entails?

I can certainly understand your frustration and worry. You are in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I've never heard of CMP before. Do you know what that all entails?

I can certainly understand your frustration and worry. You are in my prayers.
    Pottasium, Glucose, Total protein, Albumin, BUN and creatinine, Sodium, chloride, bilirubin, carbon dioxide, calcium. Thanks for the support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Pottasium, Glucose, Total protein, Albumin, BUN and creatinine, Sodium, chloride, bilirubin, carbon dioxide, calcium. Thanks for the support
    Oh yes, I just forgot. They do it differently up here in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am SO relieved to hear from you! You're really going through it, Lightwarrior. And having to move in the middle of it...exhausting under the best conditions.

I know we've discussed this a long time ago, can you get disability through your job? I understand the insurance issue-- you can't lose coverage for one day. I'm sure you've thought of all your possibilities a zillion times over. I'm just getting more and more concerned that working is keeping you from being able to get better. You've been seriously unwell for quite awhile now, with one thing after another. Big hugs to you... I know you need them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast