Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightwarrior, Where Are You?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarrior glad you are home. Gosh you have gone through so much, keep your head up and take care of yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I am SO relieved to hear from you! You're really going through it, Lightwarrior. And having to move in the middle of it...exhausting under the best conditions.

I know we've discussed this a long time ago, can you get disability through your job? I understand the insurance issue-- you can't lose coverage for one day. I'm sure you've thought of all your possibilities a zillion times over. I'm just getting more and more concerned that working is keeping you from being able to get better. You've been seriously unwell for quite awhile now, with one thing after another. Big hugs to you... I know you need them.
    I can get disability through work which would pay me 66% of my salary after being off for 90 days (how to live through the 90 days is a challenge) then I could pay for my own Insurance which would go from the $120 taken out of my check each month to $1580.00 per month. If I had no family to support, no bills and could find a good homeless shelter then it might work. Since I am only 54 I'm not close enough to medicare, but I have toyed with the idea of applying for Social Security Disability for the medicare. Then my hospital disability would pay the difference between what SSI paid as a living wage and what my hospital benefit would be. That would take away the $1580. Cobra payment and make it doable. I remember some discussion on SSI in one of our forums here.

I keep hoping that each health challenge will be the last hurdle to moving on healthier, My rheumy thinks I am in remission so if I could get rid of the stones, the infection I could get back to a modified normal. But then why are my numbers dropping? Am I not going to be able to take Methotrexate?? and were the fevers a side effect of the Methotrexate vs infected kidney stone?? I do seem to be extremely ill all of the time and unable to "pretend" my way out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish you well, and sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time, i hope you regain some strength an are able to sort things out. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eileenv View Post
    I wish you well, and sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time, i hope you regain some strength an are able to sort things out. God Bless
    thanks, I am feeling a bit stronger today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope things look brighter soon for you lightwarrior.even s little light helps DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    hope things look brighter soon for you lightwarrior.even s little light helps DEE x
    Thanks Dee, a little light helps a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Thanks Dee, a little light helps a lot
    take care of you DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightwarrior, hope the stones disappear soon, your doing the best you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear this Lightwarrior, and having to move as well. The quickest way to get your RBC up is a blood transfusion, there is an iron infusion but this only works if the reason you are anemic is because your ferritin levels are low. There are also EPO shots if the problem is that you're not turning the iron into red blood cells, but again this takes time to work. I know in the UK they order a blood transfusion if your haemoglobin drops below 8, higher than that they use iron.
    I really hope they get you sorted soon, you can't work if you feel like poo! That's no use to anyone, surely your employer would understand that it could lead to you being awa from work much longer if you push yourself now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I can get disability through work which would pay me 66% of my salary after being off for 90 days (how to live through the 90 days is a challenge) then I could pay for my own Insurance which would go from the $120 taken out of my check each month to $1580.00 per month. If I had no family to support, no bills and could find a good homeless shelter then it might work. Since I am only 54 I'm not close enough to medicare, but I have toyed with the idea of applying for Social Security Disability for the medicare. Then my hospital disability would pay the difference between what SSI paid as a living wage and what my hospital benefit would be. That would take away the $1580. Cobra payment and make it doable. I remember some discussion on SSI in one of our forums here.

I keep hoping that each health challenge will be the last hurdle to moving on healthier, My rheumy thinks I am in remission so if I could get rid of the stones, the infection I could get back to a modified normal. But then why are my numbers dropping? Am I not going to be able to take Methotrexate?? and were the fevers a side effect of the Methotrexate vs infected kidney stone?? I do seem to be extremely ill all of the time and unable to "pretend" my way out of it.
    Social Security Disability doesn't kick in for 5 months, assuming they approve it on the first round (I don't think you'd have difficulty but you never know. It might be harder to prove if your doc is saying you're in remission.). They think you can somehow survive for 5 months without income. Then once you get SSDI, you don't get Medicare for 2 years from the SSDI start date. So I don't think this is a good option for you.

I know you're doing more of a sit-down job now, but I wonder if you could get to an even less stressful floor or something.

It just disgusts me that we have to worry about things like this in the US. We can have medical care or keep our homes, but not both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast