Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pain int the tip of nose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not at all on the surface. Feels like it's actually in the cartilage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have saddle bridge. The ent thinks it's a bug so a bout with Cipro and 2 days off wrk
    Too keep me quiet.
    Shari

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    It's not at all on the surface. Feels like it's actually in the cartilage.
    Maybe that is what is going on with mine too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, I mean that if you look at my nose (inside or out) it looks completely normal. I think yours is different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had serious pain on the bridge of my nose before it collapsed, but it was quite some time (6 months of more) before I noticed any change, and my then I had no pain. I do have a saddle nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jan, could they have stopped it from collapsing had they caught it while it was hurting you? Or is it one of those things that once it gets going it goes the full journey? I was wondering that when my nose was hurting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the answer to that is that the tissue was already dying, the disease wasn't under control and getting it under control would have taken a while, so no. And it didn't hurt so badly that you would go to a doc for anything other than a sinus head. I mean, it didn't feel like what you would assume dying tissue in your body would feel like, if you understand my meaning.

And the good news is, if you go into remission, and they fix it and you have a flare -- it can easily collapse again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. that's just so out there. Wegs is nuts. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Even if they fix it, it can collapse again? If they fix it wouldn't they put something man made to hold up the structure so to speak? Or would it be a possiblity of what's holding up the man made that would collapse the structure? wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man made stuff is a big no-no in WG surgery (as you can imagine, if you think about it). 1. could make the immune system go haywire for some reason because it's a foreign body and 2. granulomas can grow around it which would be nightmarish.

I met a woman who did hers with fillers and it looked really natural -- she asked my doc about it at the Symposium and he was all like "I wouldn't have done that but glad it worked for you." She had it for a couple of years. I think she was already dealing with some cosmetic work (she's from CA - heh), and doc said he could fix her right up.

If you go to a WG doc to get it done (and I would only use my doc), he's not going to give you a nose job, just a fix, and with your own cartilage (and he takes it from everywhere -- elbows, scalp, ribs, ears). Mine always does it with a plastics guy in the room which is good, because if you met my ENT (who calls himself the plumber), you might not think he's particularly into the aesthetics from the way he looks! The plastics guy looks like Dr. 90210!

You guys will just have to believe me when I say that I had the 'perfect' nose set in a pretty face before all this, and I'd love to get it back some day. Luckily, I think that my positive self image helps me out here. I can't imagine what it was like if you grew up thinking you weren't attractive, or not being told you were not attractive to suddenly go through this. When I see the saddle nose on other people I'm always a little shocked, but I never see it as being that horrible on myself (though I'm sure it is).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12