Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are we able to take cold/flu meds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default are we able to take cold/flu meds

I've been wondering this for a while, but now I think I really need the answer. I think I might have picked up a bug from my daughter - super sore throat today - and am wondering if it gets any worse if I can take something to aleviate the symptoms - Nyquil, etc. Have you heard of any contradictions with our special cocktail? Thanks y'all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your pharmasist will be the best person to advise you. I know that mine does not like me to take cough medications.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering the same thing marta. Asked my PCP on Monday if I could get the flu shot this year, he had no clue if there were contraindications with all the meds and advised me to ask my Rhumey. See him next week, and I'll try and get an answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great question....I ask my Rheumy once if I could take Zyrtec for some allergies I was having he said yes. Then I thought maybe it wasn't allergy and it was WG creeping up my sinuses. Anyway I did take the Zyrtec and it helped substantially.

I am not recommending that you do it...but there is a website such as CVS that can help you map drug interactions and their side effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misskay View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing marta. Asked my PCP on Monday if I could get the flu shot this year, he had no clue if there were contraindications with all the meds and advised me to ask my Rhumey. See him next week, and I'll try and get an answer.
    Hey Miskey, I've been advised to get every flu shot that comes out. The only vaccinations we can't get are the live vaccines. We can't handle those, but I'm on the list for flu shots - they will just call me in when the next batch comes in.

Thanks Jack, I thought that might be the best course of action, but you guys are my first 'go to' as you're the best Weg experts on this planet.

Thanks Rcossio, I was actually told by my doc to take Benydril (antihistemine - sp?) to help with the sleep issue, so I figured that, that aspect of the med is fine, but maybe there's other stuff in there that might not work - and Jack mentions the cough med, so I'll double check.

Gracias Amigos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have flu shots every year and have not had a problem. It is around this time of year that this question always comes up.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are wegs patients entitled to flu shots in the uk??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we are on the priority list. I seem to remember having the anti pneumonia shot too which I think is a once only thing.
    Last edited by Jack; 09-30-2010 at 04:23 AM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too will be getting the flu shot when it becomes available soon. My Rheumatology doctor is recommending it, especially given the Cytoxan I am taking. Anything to mitigate getting an infection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! I can go with my mum, lol!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast