Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inspirational Quotes and Stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Gilda Radner. One of my personal heroes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came across this and it really helped me. "I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can." Does anyone know who said it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
    I came across this and it really helped me. "I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can." Does anyone know who said it?
    Yes guess who:
    "I just think it is crap. I'm sure I would not be a better or worse person if I did not have the disease, but I would be able to do stuff and not be in pain all the time. I'm sure I could work out some positives, but I don't feel the need. I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can."
    Jack

this was under the thread on why I am grateful i have Wegs started by MinneapolisMark..wonder how he is doing and what happened to him.
    Last edited by drz; 10-01-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I think later on in that thread he amended that thought and found some positives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL I think later on in that thread he amended that thought and found some positives.
    I read through it again and didn't find evidence of being "grateful" but he did admit he was having a bad day when he posted his first response.:

"

Quote" Don't expect yourself to always be looking on the bright side, bad days happen. Just look at my first post on this thread, it caught me at a bad moment when the idea of being grateful for having Wegener's just made me mad. I was muttering some pretty intolerant stuff while I bashed at the keyboard!
    Jack

He comments in that thread also reflect his great character and attempt to help Mark come to grips with his Wegs as did your comments. Mark went to Mayo, had a great consult and felt much better about his disease, Hopefully he is doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I didn't quote the whole thing. but even on his bad day Jack still said something that kept me going!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if Mark is doing well or not. I used to be friends with him on FB but then he defriended me. I see some odd post of his on the vasculitis groups that I am on but it is very rare. I always found Mark to be very nice and very interesting. I think he would be an awesome host.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of quotes I have seen recently and loved:

"‎everything you eat is your diet, just like everything you spend is your budget, and everything you do with your time is your schedule. not being active in your choices is still a choice. your life isn't happening to you, you're happening to it, whether you acknowledge it, own it, and make it count or not. there's no such thing as 'how you are', there is only how you've been, and what you'd like to be. every moment is another chance at becoming." Cera Byer

Amylu Muirhead-Weas says: "Some days you are the windshield, other days the bug."

"Don't swallow the soap." Karen Maezen Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12