User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bilateral cramps in the arches of my feet??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bilateral cramps in the arches of my feet??????

Ok how many of u get this and how do u make it stop??? it is impossible to walk when this happens...so any assistance would be great....meant to ask earlier but my prednisone brain kicked in....i may have to make alist for u all like i do the doc...lol
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have posted in the past that my foot cramps were caused by lack of salt, but I used to make a point of avoiding its use.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sodium has been fine and i avoid salt too use sea salt on rare occasion ....Jack maybe i will try a salt lick ...LOL
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was on 60 mg of prednisone I craved tomato soup, oranges, apples and three loaves of bread! The funny thing is that my potassium was low at one point and had to take potassium....I think it was from all the sweating I did...still do but less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opposite for me elephant... used to love tomato, oranges, etc. Since all the meds I have a total aversion to them. Just thinking of tomato soup or tomato sauce makes bile rise up... same thing with OJ, and I used to drink quarts of it.
    Lately ( past 2 weeks or so) I am borderline nauseas (sp?) all the time. have actually lost some weight due to not eating because of it and the loss of taste buds...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa Marie, cramps can be caused by potassium and/or magnesium deficiency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am on 20meq of potassium every other day due to my levels running on the low side orginally he put me on it with the lasix i was taking every other day ....so anyone with a cure yet?

Lisa Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    Ok how many of u get this and how do u make it stop??? it is impossible to walk when this happens...so any assistance would be great....meant to ask earlier but my prednisone brain kicked in....i may have to make alist for u all like i do the doc...lol

Hi LisaMarie. Lately I too have been getting cramps in my feet. I'm not taking anything for it, but I have heard of potassium deficiency. I've also been getting some tingling (pins and needles feeling) in my feet, especially after walking. I don't know what the cause may be. I'm thinking maybe the mtx, which I've only been on for about 2 weeks now, but I kind of doubt it. I'll have to address this with my rheumy at my next visit. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can truly understand...sometimes my feet feel like a Singer Sewing Machine. But i guess i have learned to deal with it....so when I get moody or B....chy, I just blame it on cramps. Anyway I did take magnesium and I can say it helped.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get mild foot cramps at night. I ended up putting a pillow between my knees when I sleep and it took care of it. Seems weird by my mom suggested it and it worked. Still get the cramps if I roll around and lose the pillow though. Weird thing is the cramps are extremely mild, not like a serious charlie horse or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast