Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What wegs took away but I will get back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What wegs took away but I will get back

Hi all, just my way of venting. My hubby is going scuba diving on Bonaire and I am feeling low, so here I am posting pics of life before wegs If you like, look at my My life album in my profile
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like a great life and something to look back upon with fond memories, it's nothing to be sad about. But you can only take support from the past, you can't afford to live in it. The job in hand now is to get as well as you can so that you can have more years of enjoyment. They won't be the same as the ones you have already had because life moves on and everyone changes with time, even the ones who don't get sick! However, there is no reason to believe that your New Normal will not be an acceptable alternative to what might have been.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, I love the pictures. You have a beautiful family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, I look at those pictures and feel similar pain. What lives we had! I often feel like life is passing me by. My friends travel, go to work, go to family picnics, walk their dogs, go for hikes, etc... I don't do any of that. I've been pretty down about it lately. I know a lot of kids with serious illnesses--many of them from birth-- who've never had a moment of good health. It helps me to contemplate that when I feel depressed. Not to diminish my own suffering--it's important to acknowledge it-- but to remember that I still have much to be grateful for--that reflecting on my past can be more than a source of pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. I feel lucky in a lot of respects because i'm still healthy and dont have a lot of restrictions on what i do...for now. Who knows when that'll change? I'm lucky in lots of ways. And you really appreciate small things when your world feels like its falling apart. I feel like i am only just holding myself together coping with my diagnosis. My way of coping with this now is (and you're all gonna shout at me) is to go and get a new tattoo...while i can. Cos its symbolic and my kinda therapy.

When those dark moments creep in try and think of something small that makes you happy like your kids, baking a cake, buying that dress that you just have to have, having those who love ya there to support you and best of all this forum. The best support you can get. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    My way of coping with this now is (and you're all gonna shout at me) is to go and get a new tattoo...while i can.
    I don't think anyone here will shout at you, they may not agree with you, but few of us seem to be judgemental. Perhaps it goes with the territory?
    I hope your tattoos bring you happiness!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with tattoos... I currently have 18 of them.
    My only concern is if you're currently on any meds, and the possible risk of infection and slow healing issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your support, it was a rare down kind of day. True Jack, we do have our new normal, but once in a while it is hard to remember what it was like before wegs. Sharing with my friends is the best way of saying this is me, I'm still inside. I may not be able to do many of the things I did before but look at Cindy, Mt. Everest. So I can always hope.
    Freaky, go for the tatoos, just remember that they always be there, so put it in a place where you won't mind it showing.
    miskay, wow 18.
    Sangye, it is a blessing to be here because in one way or another we understand what we all feel. Most days i am ok with my new life, it is when my hubby does something that we used to share and I miss, that the green monster rears its ugly head. LOL
    I love my life.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i too have had some low times lately ..several times i just wanna throw something ..when u add this disease to my complicated life...married with a blended family and several problems of a very broken family....and financial issues...i just wanna bagg it all and call it quits....then my sons show me love or my puppies won't leave my side when i hurt so bad or feel so sick....one of my daughters shows me love like i am her mom....been their only mom for 9yrs nows...somehow make me wanna accept my new normal....not love it but accept it as it is what it is...and one day i will get a tatoo....lol
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an easy life but wonderful when love is given back.
    Jolanta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast