Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronchoscopy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bronchoscopy

I'm scheduled for a lung biospy next Tuesday and I'm terrified to have it done. Can someone let me know what to expect? Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one has come up before and there were some very mixed experiences. My own was good with no memory at all of the procedure and no pain other than a slightly sore throat.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a bronchoscopy about 5 years ago. No issues, discomfort or pain. Was quite interesting actually watching the progress on the video. The doc showed me how my vocal chords worked on the way down
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no discomfort? How do you breathe with that scope stuck down your trachea? I'm not even sure what they are hoping to find when they do the biopsy. Just can't wait for Tuesday to be over with.

On another note, went to my rheumy today and my latest bloodwork and 'pee in the bottle' have come back better. My pred has been reduced and my visits to the blood lab are now monthly instead of every 2 weeks. Now that's progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is progress, hope all goes well and I am sure it will. I will be thinking about you on tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutless, you should ask your doc all of your questions. I had a pulmonologist who explained the procedure and risks so well I couldn't think of any questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I had a bronchoscopy about 5 years ago. No issues, discomfort or pain. Was quite interesting actually watching the progress on the video. The doc showed me how my vocal chords worked on the way down
    I was amazed at how they navigated thru the lungs with out my feeling any sensation. It was sort of like watching a video game, and very much like viewing the camera during other scopes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know they did them without you being sedated.... I guess they didn't do the lavage (saline rinsing)? You couldn't be awake for that. I was, and it wasn't supposed to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I didn't know they did them without you being sedated.... I guess they didn't do the lavage (saline rinsing)? You couldn't be awake for that. I was, and it wasn't supposed to happen.
    I had a lavage to get some samples they tested for infection and found out I had a virus infection. I don't remember that part of procedure specifically so it must not have been significant event, or it was done at a different time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I had mine done the doc squirted some saline (not much) into my lung which made me cough a little and just once but nothing that you would call unpleasant. Probably not the same thing as you're talking about. I'd still look forward to the next one. Was very interesting!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast