Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Book from someone living with WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Book from someone living with WG

I just wanted to pass on the name of a new book from an author I spoke to when I was first diagnosed. Her name is Wendy Shanker and the book is "Are you my guru? - How Medicine, Meditation and Madonna saved my life." According to what is on her website, wendyshanker.com, she goes through all of the various healing methods she went through in an attempt to heal her WG. She happens to have been a patient of Dr. Lebovics, although she is a friend of my friend's sister, which is how I ended up talking to her before my first surgery. In any case, it's probably a very interesting read for us weggies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Thanks, Jan. Sounds like and interesting read!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started reading "There Must Be A Reason: My Daughter's Battle With Wegener's Granulomatosis by Myrna Swart" and i have to say i've only read about 40 pages but its very good...i wish my mum had been so active in my health

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I've started reading "There Must Be A Reason: My Daughter's Battle With iWegener's Granulomatosis by Myrna Swart" and i have to say i've only read about 40 pages but its very good...i wish my mum had been so active in my health
    I was wonder what is this Weggie's main site in rhis book...i am looking for one that covers trach stenosis sinus jaw ear and glandular involvement as well as all the other good stuff any suggestion?
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why we need to write one with all of our communal experiences. That way we cover more than just one experience and become a great resource for the newly diagnosed and their loved ones and their medical teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip on the books will try to source them
    cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, I heard of a book written somwhere with material take from a forum. Unfortunately don't remember where or what it was about. I think it was one of books on recovery that I read for my psych courses. I will look into it. the format might be what you could be looking for. I agree, there is so much information here that weggies from all over coud find out about, that it should be published. If any help needed let me know. We are not so far away that we could meet and collaborate. This is a super idea and the more I think about it the more excited I get. Thinking about how little to nothing I knew and how happy I was to find this forum so early on.
    Jolanta