User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In case you were going to ask....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Andrew for getting all this info. This is exactly why we are not as yet using the program. At first we will not need as powerful a server because we will use one or two licenses at one time, however if we want to go full tilt and have all our clients have access to the portal at any time then we need all the power we can get as you know (ha ha I am sure your do)all together we have over 2000 clients. Long story short unless we pay quite a bit per month to have them run it, we have to have a provider or a server of our own. What you propose with the upload would be ideal and that is what we thought we could do but apparently it must be uploaded from their dongle stick. I will be talking with them next wee to see if there is a possibility of giving the stick to the server people since they are located in Vancouver. I tell you if we knew that it would be so much problem we wouldn't get this proram no matter how good. I will let my staff know of your suggestion and maybe talk to Crucial. Again, thank you
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No problem It just occurred to that the dongle is probably how the licensing works. The dongle is programmed with the licensing details and must be physically attached to the server for the software to run. Any reasonable host should be able to plug that in for you anyway. Hope the chat goes well!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, it was to be so simple and turned out soooo difficult
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't software salesmen wonderful! .....

As Andrew has pointed out there are a number of options open to you and there are probably many more, depending on the other IT that your business already has. One that doesn't seem to have been mentioned though is that the system is offered as 'software as a service' - depending on your contract this might prove a more cost effective way to start. They can be more expensive in the long term but, whist your use and experience of the system grows, it can save you in getting into the 'wrong' technology solution yourselves. You would need to determine the practicality of moving from the SAAS option to another implementation both in terms of time / effort / cost etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^--- yeah! What he said Check the contract though and make sure they aren't locking you into a long term SAAS contract.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welll, we are locked in for at least 3 to 5 years. If we only pay for one licence, it would not be too bad even if we never used the program again, but the gist is we like it and feel it would be perfect for us. To have them host it is just too much for now, I hope to know more in the morning when I talk to my staff about the options.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Does anyone else think it's ironic that even our server has memory issues?
    Isn't it catchy? Most of my friends have it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we seem to be in a stalemate. I will probably end up getting a cheap server just so that some of us can start using the program, if after 1 year we like it than we may start to think of having it hosted. No easy answers and I think we bought more than we can chew.
    Jolanta

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123