Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Finger Symptom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird Finger Symptom

For the past several days I've noticed a weird sensation on my fingertips. They feel like they have fiberglass or little splinters in them. Not all of them, but more each day. They look completely normal. I only feel it when I touch them. I have no idea what's causing it. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they cold to the touch? Any discoloration? Just from your description it sounds like the vasculitis I have in my fingers when it first began. Try to keep them warm (my doc suggested lightwieght gloves but it was too uncomfortable). Be careful not to injure or bump them hard or sores my develope... and trust me, those are HORRIBLE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No change in temperature. They are always discolored at times but nothing has changed with that in a long time.

I remember your description of vasculitic lesions on your fingers. I've had them on my legs and it was excruciating, but fingertips, yikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had whole fingers go a bit numb and develop "pins and needles" usually on my left hand. It did not seem to be associated with blood flow and I put it down to a trapped nerve or something. It has always cleared up after a few days. I know this doesn't help too much - just my 2 penny worth.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, not pins and needles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to get this, a couple of years before being diagnosed. It felt like I'd put my hand on hundreds of tiny cactus needles or in some irritant substance. No amount of hand washing would make it go away, it just faded after a while. Never found the cause and still get it very occasionally - I always wondered if it was an early symptom of the Wegs. I know kidney problems can cause itching of the hands and feet but this wasn't really itching as such.

All I can say is I've felt it too but don't have any answers, sorry Sangye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Misskay, it's the vasculitis, as the inflammation settles the pain or sensation goes away. I get this sensation sometimes in my fingers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    I used to get this, a couple of years before being diagnosed. It felt like I'd put my hand on hundreds of tiny cactus needles or in some irritant substance. No amount of hand washing would make it go away, it just faded after a while. Never found the cause and still get it very occasionally - I always wondered if it was an early symptom of the Wegs. I know kidney problems can cause itching of the hands and feet but this wasn't really itching as such.

All I can say is I've felt it too but don't have any answers, sorry Sangye.
    I have had these feelings for years in feet primarily and to lesser degree in hands but it has been attributed to neuropathy from having diabetes for many years. These feelings started shortly after diagnosis and treatment for diabetes which meant I had diabetes for many years before it was diagnosed and treated. I believe the presence of neuropathy symptoms complicated my diagnostic picture and made it more difficult to recognize the Wegener's Disease when it appeared since symptoms of Wegener's were often or generally written off as new neuropathy symptoms.
    Last edited by drz; 09-07-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to get the feeling of pins and needles on my left pinkie hand mostly. But never had what your describing Sangye. I agree with the statements of it being vasculitis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't peripheral neuropathy feel like pins and needles? But that is only in the legs and feet, right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast