Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weird Finger Symptom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye, I want to thank you for your recommendation to get of the chemo. I am finally on Methatrexate. Your's and Jacks strong recommendations made me really keep asking to get off it, but it took a while to work through a flare and the long reduction of prednosone.

I too have had a lot of discomfort with tingly and numb fingers. Sometimes it seems there is very little feeling in them. Oddly enough, that has returned to some extent after I did more walking. It is my right hand (I notice Jack said it was his left hand) - I am left handed. I think keeping good blood flow helps. The truly odd thing - one day my wrist felt really tingly - I looked at it, it was kind of cringly twitchy then my blood vessels shrunk into grooves over my wrist, then in about the time for about 5 or 6 heart beats the veins puffed up to about 1/2 again normal (i have large veins in my hands) and my entire hand all the veins stood out strongly and everything else looked really strange. the next day I had all those funny red spots in about 5 or 6 locations on the lower wrist and hand and one bruise. I didn't really like the whole thing too much, although it was more curious than in an way painful. I had more numbness after than, and wondered if the numbness was associated with this kind of thing, maybe in my sleep. That has kind of gone away, but I always have some loss of sensation in that hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is worrying when you get affected by these weird unexplained symptoms isn't it? I get random aches and pains that are sometimes quite severe, but very quickly go away. On more than one occasion I have thought to myself "Is this it then?" if you know what I mean.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- I know what you mean, Jack....

Germaine, I'm glad you're on mtx and doing better. Your weird hand symptoms could be Wegs-related-- not necessarily active Wegs, but a result of the effect it has on the circulatory system. I have lots of weird things like that, too. Yours could also be a structural issue, though. Do you have a chiropractor? They should take a look-- yours sounds like a very common type of nerve involvement. Nerves control the dilation of blood vessels.

Mine isn't tingling, it's actual spots (not visible) that feel like something sharp is stuck there. It isn't getting worse, so it'll just go on the list for when I see Dr Seo in a couple weeks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234