Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird Finger Symptom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny Richard. Sangye, I like Luce had these symptoms for years fortunately very rarely. Only one or two "needles" at most and slight pink inflamed color. I too tried to wash them off thinking it was something like fiberglass. I am so happy to hear that others get them too. This would be a good question for your neurologist friend Richard. Unfortunately one that I know lives in Utah and I see or speak to him very seldom. From what I remember form my studies, it has something to do with nerve endings inflamation. I never associated it with Wegs, but who knows. I got them before and I get them now too, so they did not go away after the treatment. I know that reading about Wegs, the worst of the symptoms are the neural ones, because they can be permanent. Once you damage the nerve it most likely will not regenerate. I am having a bone scan about my left foot, but I already know it has nothing to do about bones but neurons. Just going thru the motions tho. Sangye, the "thorn"should have left by now. How many of these things did you count?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's highly unlikely that it's a peripheral nerve problem because it's bilateral. The same nerves on each hand would have to be affected at the same time-- not very likely. My guess is it's a nutritional deficiency-- maybe B vitamins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Sangye, physician heal thyself. You give your good advise to us all and forget to take it yourself. Start taking your vitamins.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- I take my vitamins, but could still have a deficiency. Especially being on diuretics, it's hard to keep enough B vitamins in you (they're water soluble and are peed out). Also pred and stress burn up the Bs. I haven't been able to get to my chiropractor for a month-- hoping to go next week so he can check it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always wondered how they check, do they do blood a test?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood tests for nutrients are not usually that accurate. They only show your levels on a particular day and the normal range is not necessarily a "symptom-free" range.

In the chiropractic technique that I do (and my chiropractor), you determine nutrient levels using numerous indicators-- symptoms, muscle-organ relationships, and a boat-load of other indicators. Also, you have to make sure that you give the person the right amount and source of the nutrient. Sometimes one brand of vitamin D works and another doesn't, even though both are excellent quality. The body is very particular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for clarifying it for me. True about the absorption and tolerance of different brands. I used to take herbal b6/b12 supplement from a herbalist but it just made me burp with the b vitamin flavour, it was just awful. got some chewable b6/b12 and just love it and have no problems
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's even sneakier than that. For example, I had a quadriceps muscle that kept testing weak. That weakness kept it from stabilizing half of my pelvis like its partner, so my pelvis kept getting torqued. Quadriceps correlates with small intestines. My small intestine function was fine, so we went looking for a nutrient problem. Vitamin D correlates with quads and small intestine (along with a few other nutrients). With one brand of vitamin D on my tongue the quad strengthened, but the same dose of another excellent brand had no effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes me wonder if its not the additives they put in with the vitamins or the way they prepare them
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That can be true for over the counter brands. But high quality brands don't use those things. In those, it's more an indication of the body's desire for specificity. If you have a key that fits the lock exactly, it unlocks it very easily.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast