Thread: Weggies & Work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weggies & Work

Hi,

I'm just curious to find out more about living with weg. and working?
    What do you work with, how many hours do you work, is it "light work or "hard" work, does your bosses know about your weg., how do they handle it? etc etc

Haha a lot of questions there but I'm just curious, I myself work from home for a company called Service 800, (apparently they're supposed to have their base in the USA)
    I work as a Customer servive rep, meaning I call people up and various types of customer service surveys.

My bosses all know about my condition and are extreamly understanding about it, for example they never have any problems with me having to go to appointments every month, blood test here n there and the quite common sick days every now and then. They are also usually brilliant with working with me to make sure I can finish earlier and have shorted days if I feel I need it (unless I've got loads of deadlines to meet).
    The hours I work are very mixed, some days I work 4 hours and the next 7, I work 5 days a week and usually end up at around 25-35 hours a week.

I love working from home because I can be as comfy as I like and even if I'm not on top form I can still get some hours in at work without having to struggle with things like commuting in cold weather etc.

Anyway enough about me! Please share your experiences!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing!
    If anyone has any tips or ideas about how I can make sitting at a desk and using the computer mouse easier on my wrist? I sometimes get really bad jointpains there, especially if its cold!
    Would something like a usb powered heated mouse mat work? - Like this one: gadget4all.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work 4 day rolling shift system 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off. Trade: Lorry Driver. Generally driving plus light manual work, sewage industry. Generally cope ok. Work fine with WG and give me time off as required.

No calls please
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malin that sounds like a great job. I use to work as a RN but for now I am at home. I probably won't be going back to nursing...maybe something less stressful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my good years I carried on working pretty well as normal. A lot of it sitting in front of a computer screen, but at other times testing cars or working away from home. I had various periods off work due to illness, but I worked for a major company and had been there since leaving school so there were no problems there. Towards the end of my time at work, I had increasing amounts of time off and ended with a 2 year absence (fully paid). I was then obliged to retire on ill health grounds because I was no longer able to do my job or any other that they could offer me.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in IT...the hardest thing right now is that I get really tired at about 11:30 every day. Work has been very understanding and are letting me work half a day in the office (morning) then half at home after a nap. So far that seems to be working pretty well at minimizing the issues I get with tiredness. It's actually not the sleepiness that's the problem for me, it's that I have a very hard time thinking straight once I get sleepy.

Physically of course my job is a cakewalk, but when I can't think it makes it hard to code

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work from home as a journalist so hours vary obviously. Luckily I don't suffer from fatigue (good thing with a 12 year old and 8 year old) so working has been fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a carer..i work 37 hours a week and find it isnt too hard on my health cos its low impact. Before that i was a cashier and i found ti really draining emotionally and physically. I do get the odd day where i get bad headaches and dizzy spells and i take the day off. Cos its a pre existing condition and i am seeing docs for it my employers were ok with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not been able to work much the last few years since having Wegs. The longest I worked was for about 4 months but that is when I was in remission and had no symptoms and was med free. I have not worked since March but have a bad lung infection as an excuse for that. I would love to go back to school or work some day but feel I never will because when I try those things I just get a bad flare of Wegs so I guess I will just accept living with my parents until they die or I die first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a short term outlook Phil. You can never predict the direction Wegs will take you in and I'm sure you will do better once you have this infection under control. It took me 5 years to get stable, but then I was able to work full time and raise a family. Sure, things can go down hill (tell me about it!), but things can also improve.

Don't write yourself off just yet!
    Jack

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast