Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: New from the UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, tackle the insurance one bit piece at a time. Don't try to do everything in one day. Some days you will feel you can call/talk more. I know you are persistant...keep being that way. Good luck!

Doug Guest

Thanks, elephant. That is a good plan, and one that should help keep me from going over the top. (Right away, anyway!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sam, I hope your GP is able to refer you to a good WG rheumy soon, as what is going on at the moment is awful for you. and you do not need all this stress. Fingers crossed it will be soon - meanwhile, in your shoes, I would do what Jack suggests.

(Sorry, can't call a pretty young lady like you ' Freaky' !!!!)

Good luck !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You cannot just halve your Pred dose with no medical indications to support it! It is a bloody powerful drug and should not be treated in such an off hand manner.

I'm furious at your standard of treatment!

I think you are going to have to look after yourself for the time being. In your position, I would maintain the Pred dose and do my best with my GP or Pharmacist to tackle the stomach issues. You can buy Zantac over the counter if you need to.
    I agree. This is outrageous. That doc is seriously putting your health in jeopardy, in many ways. If it were me I'd report him. Glad you're getting away from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I agree with Elephant-- take it one piece at a time. Set a daily, reasonable goal and stop when you accomplish it. Don't let them wear you down. You need insurance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Hi Sam, I hope your GP is able to refer you to a good WG rheumy soon, as what is going on at the moment is awful for you. and you do not need all this stress. Fingers crossed it will be soon - meanwhile, in your shoes, I would do what Jack suggests.

(Sorry, can't call a pretty young lady like you ' Freaky' !!!!)

Good luck !
    Aww thanks Fran.

Yeah i'm not gonna cut my dose cos even i know thats not right. My GP wrote me out a perscription out for a Acid blocker (and normally she is completely useless) and i'll pick it up tomorrow...Even the Pharmacist told me i didnt need an acid blocker cos it was on a lowering dose...so? She actually said "where did you get that information from?" like it was some conspiracy!!

Apalling.

I see my GP next week for a repeat perscription and i will get referred as quick as possible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing to bear in mind is that you may well be taking medication for some considerable time even if you manage to get off Prednisolone. This disease does not react very quickly! While you are taking pills, your stomach will be at risk and needs all the help it can get, even from drugs that do not list stomach problems as a primary side effect. Best to start out with some protection now.

Your Pharmasist would not know anything about your disease or its treatment and would assume that you are on one of the more normal courses of steroids, these typically last for only a few weeks.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto here, I'm with Jack, you don't want to mess with your stomach, even for a short while its best to have some protection now. You have a happy smile Sam.
    Doug, sorry you are having trouble with health care. Even with the waiting lines, I am glad that we Canucks have such good insurance.
    Last edited by jola57; 10-09-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    You have a happy smile Sam.
    Aww thanks jola57. It was taken last weekend..before all the drugs. To remind me that i still have things to smile about.

Thanks for all the advice, if i didnt have all of you pointing me in the right direction i hate to think what they would be doing to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take care of yourself Sam, and if it's anything like here, you've gotta be on it and be your own best advocate to ensure you're getting the right medical treatment. Sorry about your mom, but aside from being real sh#$%y it sounds like she's the one who has a problem and there isn't much you can do about it. No use wasting precious energy trying to change someone who's not ready to change. I love the picture and the reason for the picture, which is why I think you'll do great in the long run - you've got an amazing attitude, and that's something you can't buy. Stay strong sistah, and keep smiling.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast