Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Hijacking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thread Hijacking

There is always a tendency for threads to drift a little and I'm sure many interesting points are raised that are off topic. Everyone also appreciates a bit of humour creeping in here and there. However, there have been some threads recently that have not only strayed, but they have never come back which is a shame for those interested in the subject. I've thought of commenting and held off because I don't want to upset people's enjoyment of using the Forum. So what is the answer?

Should we pass comment if a thread strays too far? Would it come over better in the form of a Smiley?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There is always a tendency for threads to drift a little and I'm sure many interesting points are raised that are off topic. Everyone also appreciates a bit of humour creeping in here and there. However, there have been some threads recently that have not only strayed, but they have never come back which is a shame for those interested in the subject. I've thought of commenting and held off because I don't want to upset people's enjoyment of using the Forum. So what is the answer?

Should we pass comment if a thread strays too far? Would it come over better in the form of a Smiley?
    Jack, gently re-direct. Maybe we could select a redirect smiley or just post a smiley preceded by the words Please Redirect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Lightwarrior, a gentle re-direct should work. I know that many times I've read something and want to refer back to it... but been unable to locate the thread due to the way our minds tend to wander off course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I blame it on the prednisone. :0 Redirecting sounds good to me. I know I have wandered off course and even tripped and discussed something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably the biggest culprit, so if it's me Jack, please feel free to tell it like it is, no gentleness required, I do that in real life too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one has thrown their shoes at me when I've redirected them back to the thread topic, so I can't imagine anyone would throw footwear at you either, Jack! I like the reminders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree all. Everyone please redirect as necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    No one has thrown their shoes at me when I've redirected them back to the thread topic, so I can't imagine anyone would throw footwear at you either, Jack! I like the reminders.
    WIth the pred, I think I get off track also, that's why I suggested a "gentle" reminder. One note and then I'll gently remind myself. If anyone throws shoes at Jack they should be shoes that will provide him comfort and balance so he won't fall down anymore. (love you Jack )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I made this. Might be useful..

Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL-- how perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast