User Tag List

Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To everyone **PLEASE READ**

Doug Guest

YouTube - Mark Lesko's Story - Wegener's Granulomatosis

Here's a link to a video that was aired on a TV news program. (It's not by me, so is more edited.) It is from the point of view of a father whose son died from WG. We are survivors (so far) of WG. I know I tended to think of myself as one of the 9 who survived at the time I was closer to being that 1 in 10 who didn't. That's probably natural. Take a look.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-05-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: clean up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think any non weggie who doubts the seriousness of the disease we suffer from,because we look " ok " should watch this video.nice one doug.
    john.

Doug Guest

Default Son of Weggie

YouTube - Help "Full Version"

Here's another one, again from the point of view of a family member, a 12 year old son. Sound quality is a bit poor, with a bird song and lawnmower (I think) in the background.

(In the background, I heard an American Robin, which is a North American thrush related to what Europeans call a blackbird, which looks smaller and with a shorter tail to me. Americans use the term blackbird for a handful of birds, most commonly the common grackle. The term grackle is applied to starlings, I think, in the Old World.) The American robin isn't related to the European robin.)

Europe ~ blackbird European robin

North America ~ American robin NA common grackle aka "blackbird"
    Last edited by Doug; 05-05-2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: inclusion of bird photos

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    i think any non weggie who doubts the seriousness of the disease we suffer from,because we look " ok " should watch this video.nice one doug.
    john.
    I'm glad you are able to view this, John. I oftentimes listen to radio stations from Europe or Asia because there tends to be less chatter and fewer advertisements than all but public radio in the USA. Yet, the one country that I can't listen to is England, well the whole UK, because of some copyright issues or something. It involves lots of lawyers and idiots at any rate: UK is unique among civilized parts and uncivilized parts of earth in this way! Rant, rant, rant! Sorry! At least the flow is unaffected the other direction.
    Last edited by Doug; 05-05-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doug i'm surprised you can't pick up the bbc world service. i thought they transmitted everywhere.
    john.

Doug Guest

BBC World Service is available on Public Radio and Television. I haven't listened to my short wave radio for years, but BBC World Service, of course, is available on that, too. It seems that service is 24/7, though they switch to various languages throughout the day as I recall. I used to listen to Radio Nederland a lot since I have friends in Amsterdam I've written to since 1989, and known since 1976. That service is streamed now, with much better sound quality. They provide reports to our public stations as well. For that matter, so does Deutsche Welle. So why am I whining?! I wanted to listen to a streamed station that I might hear on my radio if I lived in UK. The strangest one I ran into was a station in Poland that played Tex-Mexican music (accordian, trumpets, various stringed instruments) that I happen to like. It's related to the polka, so I suppose that clears it for 24/7 broadcast in Poland! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tejano music, I've added a link to some on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra42ksJg3UI
    Last edited by Doug; 05-05-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Doug for the reality check.....sad story

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you listen to the BBC over the internet? BBC - Radio Homepage |

Radio 4 is my constant companion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, thanks for this special story. It makes you appreciate where we are at more.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Can you listen to the BBC over the internet? BBC - Radio Homepage |

Radio 4 is my constant companion.
    Jack- To my amazement, I'm listening to BBC World Service as I type! Thanks! I'm going to try to pick up some of the other ones again. Perhaps the radio black-out I ran into a few weeks back was a situation now resolved.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast