User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arrrgggg! Its got me..... or is it I got it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Also:

Not impressed with the new name and won't be using it.
    LOL Hammy you are a riot.

I'm sorry things aren't moving along as planned on the Wegs front. Hopefully rtx will be the thing that gets it all under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post

I'm sorry things aren't moving along as planned on the Wegs front. Hopefully rtx will be the thing that gets it all under control.
    Cheers Sangye. I've nothing to complain about really - just plodding along waiting for the three fruits to line up on the centre line, trouble is, it can take a lot of spins till they come up.

And you! Five years of stuffing all kinds of substances in your body and all you've got for it are two bunnies - I bet if you were off all the meds there would only be one...then again, they are bunnies! May it be your last year before you get back to work.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammy...i liked your last avatar it made my day.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Sangye. I've nothing to complain about really - just plodding along waiting for the three fruits to line up on the centre line, trouble is, it can take a lot of spins till they come up.

And you! Five years of stuffing all kinds of substances in your body and all you've got for it are two bunnies - I bet if you were off all the meds there would only be one...then again, they are bunnies! May it be your last year before you get back to work.
    LOL I love the way you put things. There were originally 3 baby bunnies. Hard to keep them all in line, as you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hammy,

NICE approved Rituximab for me, I think they are beginning to recognise it's effectiveness for our condition - just brilliant results so far (3 months) [hopefully, not counting my chickens too soon]. According to the nurses it is being used more widely, in different doses, for other conditions.

My hospital gave me a 'get out of carpark free' ticket each time I left the chemo unit - but I had to ask!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Hammy, I too was very active and have had to cut back quite considerably. WG presented in my lungs so running was out of the question but in the beginning so was walking and stairs. I can do both those now, although only about fifty yards and then rest. Although I also have COPD I stlll think the WG is partly responsible. Diagnosed August 09 and drug free remission exactly one year ago today. Still do COPD maintenance though.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwc51 View Post
    Hi Hammy,

NICE approved Rituximab for me, I think they are beginning to recognise it's effectiveness for our condition - just brilliant results so far (3 months) [hopefully, not counting my chickens too soon]. According to the nurses it is being used more widely, in different doses, for other conditions.

My hospital gave me a 'get out of carpark free' ticket each time I left the chemo unit - but I had to ask!
    Hi Peter, Did you have to wait long for the approval?
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Welcome Hammy, I too was very active and have had to cut back quite considerably. WG presented in my lungs so running was out of the question but in the beginning so was walking and stairs. I can do both those now, although only about fifty yards and then rest. Although I also have COPD I stlll think the WG is partly responsible. Diagnosed August 09 and drug free remission exactly one year ago today. Still do COPD maintenance though.
    Dale
    I know that when they give me an armful of steriod next Wed I'll be able to challange Usain Bolts' world record for a few hours....tempting but I'll behave myself. Just a slow 5k maybe

Dale, hope the improvment continues.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    Hammy...i liked your last avatar it made my day.
    Hi Leigh,

I'm on "My favourite food" aviator fad just now -the carrot one was just to show i can be serious......ahemm!!
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Peter, Did you have to wait long for the approval?
    My consultant asked for rapid approval - I don't think it was longer than a couple of weeks. He was a bit worried that, owing to its cost, they might insist on trying an older treatment first but fortunately they did not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast