Thread: 20 year old son

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aneinu View Post
    The rest of the day went well.
    He relaxed thru most of it, and he is now sleeping in his bed at home.
    It's all going to look much brighter in a couple more weeks, after some encouraging blood tests and reduced symptoms and no new issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, thank God, he had a better day today.
    Almost at midnight last night, he put some grilled chicken in his mouth, and his stomach did not reject it.
    He went to sleep late, but was up for a lot of the day so far, and feeling somewhat better.
    Very sluggish, but it is expected.
    Yes, would we like him to have more energy and get out more - yes, but we cannot push him, for we can see the effect a little extra exertion has on his breathing. So, we are giving him his space; his mother is feeding him well (most of the time), and he has plenty of sleep opportunities (the other kids know to leave him be).

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aneinu,hi! So great he's doing some what better... I hope he's drinking, enough? Just as Birdie above me said,it will all look better in a couple of weeks... Try to stay positive,and we r here.... Praying for u no matter what... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he put some grilled chicken in his mouth, and his stomach did not reject it.
    Just thought, pasta... I had great luck with pasta, and it fills you up and you stay full for quite a while. Hmmm, too bad I just made a roast beef sandwich, chicken and pasta sounds good... or chicken and rice... same result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was pred-ravenous, I was eating a lot of stir-fry veggies with eggs, chicken or other protein, on top of rice..... It was easy to prepare, and I felt like it was pretty healthful, basic food, and inexpensive.... brown rice is more nutritious than white and I don't remember which I had on hand at the time. The point is that just about everything is appealing to eat when on high dose pred, so might as well take advantage of that and eat healthful stuff instead of reaching for a bag of chips or something. I also found I had less craving for sweets, and even coffee. Too much sweets would really increase my symptoms, and still does. Gotta have 'em once in awhile, though (Klondike Bars, for example).
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    When I was pred-ravenous, I was eating a lot of stir-fry veggies with eggs, chicken or other protein, on top of rice..... It was easy to prepare, and I felt like it was pretty healthful, basic food, and inexpensive.... brown rice is more nutritious than white and I don't remember which I had on hand at the time. The point is that just about everything is appealing to eat when on high dose pred, so might as well take advantage of that and eat healthful stuff instead of reaching for a bag of chips or something. I also found I had less craving for sweets, and even coffee. Too much sweets would really increase my symptoms, and still does. Gotta have 'em once in awhile, though (Klondike Bars, for example).
    thank you.

to give you an example, tonight my wife made baked chicken legs, green beans with onions/mushrooms and couscous or farfel.
    He (and I, and some of the other kids) ate nicely.

Half hour later, we both had ice cream.

About an hour later, my son and I were in the kitchen grilling two steaks, baking sweet potatos, dipping onions in flour, eggs and corn flake crumbs to make fried onion rings (he was scared to eat the fried onions as to what it would do to his stomach, but he enjoyed the thrill of making them). I was there really to keep him company, but I ate a little as well. My girls appreciated the steaks.

ummm.....what's for midnight snack?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Just thought, pasta... I had great luck with pasta, and it fills you up and you stay full for quite a while. Hmmm, too bad I just made a roast beef sandwich, chicken and pasta sounds good... or chicken and rice... same result.
    Oh, yeah, pasta, I second that. If I didn't eat it then it's because I didn't go to the store and buy all the ingredients I like. I think I probably ate some cheap macaroni and cheese that comes in those little boxes. I could go buy a giant sized tin of Stouffer's Lasagna with Meat Sauce and scarf that down in a couple of days. I just don't remember eating much pasta, but I'm not sure why.... My favorite pasta sauce is basil pesto. Basil was out of season and the prepared stuff can be a little expensive, so I guess that's why. I was hurting for cash when first sick, because I couldn't make my pottery or sell it, and had no disability check yet. Family members were loaning or giving me money to get by for about a month and a half.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm.....what's for midnight snack?
    Scrambled eggs, fried pineapple slices, hash browns and toast (russian rye bread) with strawberry jam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Scrambled eggs, fried pineapple slices, hash browns and toast (russian rye bread) with strawberry jam.
    I'm big on scrambled eggs and lately eat a lot of baked potatoes. Aneinu, your family cooking adventures with a pred-head in the house sound a lot more fun than cooking alone.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad that he is feeling better. I guess he ate something with germs. now he is back on the pred appetite... still its important to help him to restrain his eating.. unless he is very skinny. it will also help him with a feeling that he can control at least something from what is going on in his body...
    sending prayer and love.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast